Assistant Professor of Political Science - Fall 2018
University of North Georgia in Georgia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||September 14, 2017|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
Job Details: Assistant Professor of Political Science - Fall 2018
The University of North Georgia (UNG) is currently accepting applications for a tenure-track position in the Department of Political Science & International Affairs (PSIA). The successful candidate may teach on multiple campuses as the schedule might require but their primary teaching responsibility will be on the Gainesville campus.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for teaching 12 hours per semester (4/4; undergraduate and graduate on-line courses) including core classes for the department.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching, by offering courses in areas of Public Administration, American Government, Public Policy, Public Affairs, Military Leadership/Management or others dependent on departmental needs.
Preference will be given to those candidates who:
1) Have previous teaching experience in the area of military administration, and military leadership and/or management.
2) Experience in online instruction.
3) Have an active research agenda and have the potential to contribute to both graduate and undergraduate programs within the department.
Job Details: Assistant Professor of Political Science - Fall 2018Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- 1) A Ph.D. is preferred in political science, public administration or public policy, or related field.
- 2) He/she must have a successful teaching background and must submit teaching evaluations.
- 3) Preferences will be given to candidates with expertise teaching in the area of military leadership/management, but not required.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://ung.edu/human-resources/eeo-and-affirmative-action.php