Faculty Positions in Politics, Philosophy & Economics
Asian University for Women in Bangladesh
|Deadline||September 24, 2017|
|Date Posted||September 12, 2017|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for full-time faculty positions in the Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) Undergraduate Program, to begin in January 2018, or as soon as possible in the Fall 2017 Semester. Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a liberal arts institution, including an international faculty and home to over 600 students from 16 Asian countries. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at http://www.auw.edu.bd.
Field of expertise:
Philosophy, Religion, Political Science (Comparative Politics, Asian Politics, or Political Economy), with an emphasis on Quantitative Research methodologies in the Social Sciences; a commitment to interdisciplinarity, interactive and student-centred teaching; and relevance to developing Asian countries. Applicants from any area of competence and specialization in PPE will be considered.
Ranging from Assistant Professor to Professor, based on experience.
January 7, 2018 or sooner if possible, contract renewable based on satisfactory performance.
Starting at USD 26,000 – 40,000 per annum (based on rank);
Benefits: accommodation, annual travel, health insurance;
Non-Bangladeshi citizens eligible for income tax exemption in Bangladesh.
- Doctoral degree in Political Science, Philosophy and/or Religion, or related field, from a recognized university.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills using statistical packages.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with others through speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students with PPE major and Development Studies Minor.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in research.
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirement: six 4-credit courses per academic year; expected to teach in the following areas of study: Political Science, Political Economy, Comparative Politics, Development Studies, and/or Core courses in Social and Political Analysis;
Foundations of Philosophy, Ethics and Ethical Reasoning; Religion, Religion and Gender.
Specific course assignments will be based on the PPE program curriculum and social science minors.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, research statement and the names of three references, as either MS Word or PDF files to Mr Rafiqul Haque, AUW Human Resources, Asian University for Women at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If available immediately to teach in the Fall Semester, please send an informal inquiry to the Dean of Faculty & Academic Affairs, Dr Rosie Bateson, at email@example.com
Application deadline: September 24, 2017.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.