Christopher Newport University in Virginia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||September 18, 2017|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
Selected by The Princeton Review to be included in The 381 Best Colleges: 2018 Edition, Christopher Newport University is a public school offering a private school experience – great teaching, small classes, and a safe, vibrant campus. The University is located in Newport News, Virginia, enrolls 5,100 students, and is dedicated to the ideals of scholarship, leadership, and service. Academic programs at Christopher Newport University encompass more than 90 areas of study, from biology to business administration and political science to the performing arts. The University has recently completed over $1 billion in capital construction on its 260-acre campus, generated over 7,000 applications for a freshmen class of 1,290 and has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges guide as fourth among public regional universities in the South and 11th overall. Christopher Newport University is committed to ensuring that all people are welcomed, honored, and fully engaged in the life of our academic community. We recruit exceptional and diverse faculty and encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are underrepresented in their profession.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following faculty positions to begin Fall 2018.
• Chair – Department of Economics (Rank Open)
• Assistant Professor of Accounting
• Assistant Professor(s) of Computer Science
• Assistant Professor or Lecturer of Finance
• Assistant Professor of Music (Music Theory)
• Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Religion (Catholic Studies)
• Assistant Professor of Physics
• Assistant Professor of Political Science (Public Policy/ Environmental)
• Assistant Professor of Political Science (MENA/ Human Rights)
• Lecturer in Sociology (Education)
• Lecturer in Communication (Media Studies)
Full job postings & how to apply at
Christopher Newport University, an EO Employer, is fully committed to Access and Opportunity.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jobs.cnu.edu/