Assistant Professor of History
Cedarville University in Ohio
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||September 7, 2017|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Cedarville University seeks an assistant professor of history within the Department of History and Government for Fall 2018. The position is tenure track eligible. Potential areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, Ancient or Medieval History; History of Law or the American Constitution; Military History; or a social or cultural historian with a focus on either Europe or America. Scholars with a focus on Africa, Asia, or Eastern Europe are also encouraged to apply. All candidates are responsible for upper-level courses within their area of expertise, as well as a general education course in either U.S. History or World Civilizations. Candidates able, by experience or credentials, to oversee the Department of History & Government’s Social Studies Education (AYASS) program will be preferred. Candidates will be asked to teach from a distinctively Christian worldview.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials along with other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check.Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval.
- Terminal degree: Ph.D. (ABD candidates will be considered)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Documented successful teaching and scholarship experience
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general work place standards.
All official inquiries should be directed to John Davis (email@example.com, 937-766-7418), Director of Academic Human Resource Services. Position specific inquiries should be directed to Dr. Mark Caleb Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the Department of History and Government.
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.cedarville.edu/jobs