Assistant Professor of Instructional Technology
Texas Tech University in Texas
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2017|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The College of Education at Texas Tech University is recognized as an emerging national leader in high-quality and innovative educator preparation. We are growing rapidly as we recruit gifted and entrepreneurial faculty that are committed to results-based education enacted in multiple ways with the schools, agencies and communities that we serve across Texas and the nation. The work of the College is deeply rooted in authentic partnerships that provide guidance in producing the measurably best educators and providing services that add significant value to those we serve.
Texas Tech University seeks an Assistant Professor of Instructional Technology for an academic year tenure-track position starting in fall 2018.
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- earned doctorate in Instructional Technology or a closely related field;
- demonstrated research capabilities and scholarly productivity in instructional technology;
- demonstrated record or potential for developing face-to-face and online courses; and
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- instructional design experience in various settings (e.g., schools, business, military, non-profit) with emerging technology;
- active research agenda in K-12 and teacher education settings in terms of technology integration and student-centered learning (e.g., personalized or blended learning);
- experience and demonstrated effectiveness in teaching online; and
- demonstrated track-record or potential of obtaining external funding.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will:
- teach Instructional Technology courses in both face-to-face and online environments;
- collaborate with the Department of Teacher Education for projects focusing on student-centered learning and technology integration;
- coordinate online graduate certificates and/or online EdD program;
- conduct research that meaningfully contributes to the improvement of practice and the field;
- advise graduate students and chair dissertation committees;
- apply for and manage external funding to support research and the improvement of practice; and
- contribute to the advancement of program goals through service to the program, college, university, and the profession.
The College of Education at Texas Tech University is comprised of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, the Department of Teacher Education, and the Department of Educational Psychology and Leadership. The College of Education houses 11 graduate programs that prepare both applied and basic researchers who possess the skills to work with diverse populations. Texas Tech University, a member of the Big 12 Conference, is located in Lubbock, Texas (population 300,000). Texas Tech University is a comprehensive university with an enrollment of over 35,000 and is the only campus in Texas where both the law school and medical school are housed at the same location. The University has a wide range of undergraduate and graduate NCATE/CAEP accredited programs.
Interested candidates should submit application materials online at the TTU Personnel Employment website: http://www.texastech.edu/careers/. Requisition # 11549BR Please include your curriculum vitae, copied graduate transcripts, and a list of five references with complete address, phone number, and email address, and a letter of application. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
For more details about TTU or the College of Education visit http://www.ttu.edu and http://www.educ.ttu.edu. For more information contact Dr. Jongpil Cheon, search committee chair at email@example.com
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The University welcomes applications from minorities, women, veterans, persons with disability and dual/career couples.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.texastech.edu/careers