Diversity PostDoc Fellowships-Fine Arts/Social Sciences/Math/Sciences/Humanities
Oklahoma State University in Oklahoma
|Deadline||October 01, 2017|
|Date Posted||August 17, 2017|
Diversity Post-Doctoral Fellowships
The College of Arts and Sciences of Oklahoma State University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. These fellowships will support the early development of scholars who show promise for successful academic careers in the Fine Arts, Humanities, Mathematics, Sciences, or Social Sciences. The two-year fellowships (one in Fine Arts or Humanities, one in Social Sciences, and two in Mathematics or Sciences) with competitive salaries will begin in August 2018 and may be renewed for a third year. There is the possibility of a tenure-track appointment at the completion of the post-doctoral fellowship.'
Post-docs will carry a teaching load of one course per semester and will receive institutional support for their research/creative activities and their professional development in instruction. They will be closely mentored by faculty and housed in one or more of the following departments:
- Art, Graphic Design, and Art History
- Computer Science
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Integrative Biology
- Media and Strategic Communications
- Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
- Plant Biology, Ecology, and Evolution
- Political Science
Candidates who have completed their terminal degree within the discipline (PhD, MFA, or DMA) no more than three years before the August 2018 start date and who have not yet had a tenure-track faculty position are preferred.
To apply, please submit by 1 October 2017 the following in a single PDF file:
- Letter of application – please indicate department(s) with which you would seek affiliation if selected for a post-doctoral fellowship.
- Statement outlining commitment to integrating multicultural experiences into instructional methods and engaging students underrepresented in the academy.
- Statement outlining two-year plan for research/creative activity.
- Names of three professional references.
Applications should be submitted to one of the following email address:
Additional questions should be directed to:
Dr. Bruce Crauder, Associate Dean
College of Arts & Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078