|Deadline||September 01, 2017|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2017|
Associate Director, Research Computing Development
Arizona State University
Office EVP Knowledge Ent Dev
Requisition Id# 34993BR
Depends on experience
Reporting directly to the Director of Research Computing, the Associate Director of Research Computing Development is responsible for developing and implementing programs and processes develop software and applications for researchers at the University. Duties include leading a team of subject matter experts and software developers to design, development, implementation, and operational support technologies needed by researchers. Responsible to establish and monitor technical priorities, standards, and procedures. This individual will collaborate key departmental decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects research across multiple science domains.
- Establish and maintain Research Computing Application Development (AppDev) departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Act as an advocate for the organization’s vision of supporting researchers with application development via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in Research Computing systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and cross platform development.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for research driven spending and initiatives.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with researchers and University stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new research technology implementations.
- Ensure continuous delivery of services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems and application performance.
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT supporting researchers.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Maintains constant connection to industry standards and emerging technologies providing strategic direction utilizing trade journals, social media, peer networking, conferences and recognized standards organizations such as IEEE, ISO, SNIA, and ISOC.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND seven (7) years of related administrative experience, which includes four (4) years of supervisory experience; OR, Eleven (11) years of related administrative experience, which includes four (4) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to the assigned department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management and supervisory principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget management methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of organizational management.
- Experience in problem solving and decision-making.
- Experience in planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Experience in effectively managing, supervising and evaluating assigned staff.
- Experience in program design and development.
- Experience in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Evidence in effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
The Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development is committed to Advancing Research, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development. We seek research funding, support faculty researchers, nurture partnerships with external partners, promote innovation and entrepreneurship, and share what we learn with the community and the world. We make discovery possible. http://research.asu.edu/.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 34993BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=3104770
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=3104770