|Deadline||August 31, 2017|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2017|
Arizona State University
Engineering Technical Services
Requisition Id# 34951BR
$60,000 - $95,000 per year; DOE
Engineering Technical Services (ETS) team is seeking an Associate Director to work with the Director, to provide IT programs, Server Management, Innovative solutions, Automation and IT Security services to the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering faculty, staff and students. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and motivated individual responsible for successfully leading the development of technical staff, programs, strategies, operations and implementation of complex technology projects.
- Participates in formulation of the department's technology plans, budget, programs, IT security policies and procedures.
- Develops partnership with Engineering IT teams, Information Security Office, University Technology Office, Technical Advisory Group, ASU stakeholders and vendors to define and manage technical project scope, strategy, budget and expectations.
- Manage the Infrastructure system administration and security team to meet strategic objectives in a timely manner and maximize the individual’s potential.
- Supervise, train and evaluate staff and prepare reports related to outcome tracking and work plan development.
- Recruitment, hiring and on boarding for staff across the Engineering IT teams.
- Implement strategies to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction, engagement and retention.
- Works with administration, faculty, staff and researchers to define, develop, and implement technology hardware and software solutions to meet the needs of the University, schools and department.
- Review request and authorize supplies, services and equipment purchases in accordance with established policy and budget funds.
- Provide reports for recharge billing.
- Maintain Reliability, Availability and Serviceability of Engineering IT Infrastructure Services.
- Manages Engineering IT implementation projects related to Continuity of Business, Virtual Labs, Cloud Computing, Engineering applications, Linux infrastructure, license management, automation, patching tools, deployment, networking, and security.
- Oversees and support information security infrastructure, systems security and Integrated System for ASU Access Control (ISAAC) through policy, architecture and training processes. Ensure that proper controls are in place to protect systems and minimize risks.
- Works with researchers, ORSPA and local IT teams to develop Information Security Plans to meet federal contract and grant security guideline and compliance requirements.
- Oversee annual IT risk assessment, develop and implement corrective action plans for the Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- Assess and research third party tools, implements security improvements and evaluate trends.
- Delivers customer, faculty and student satisfaction by ensuring the goals and objectives of the projects or programs accomplished in accordance with priorities, timelines, funding limitations, scope and other specifications.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND seven (7) years of related administrative experience, which includes four (4) years of supervisory experience; OR, Eleven (11) years of related administrative experience, which includes four (4) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in supervising full-time staff
- Experience in IT project management and methodologies.
- Experience with developing information security plans and procedures.
- Experience with system management, configuration and automation technologies such as Puppet, SCCM
- Experience with virtualization technologies and cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory and LDAP directory environments.
- Experience in system administration for server operating systems; Windows Server 2012, MAC OS X and Red Hat Linux 6.0 and Ubuntu.
- Experience in work that requires the ability to be self-motivated and the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in the ability to build partnerships and work in a team environment.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Use office equipment including a desktop computer.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Communicate to perform essential duties.
- Receive regular review of completed tasks.
This position is located in the Engineering Technical Services Department of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. Engineering Technical Services supports all engineering schools, departments and centers at the Fulton Schools; provides quality research support services for varied research programs and is committed to recruit, retain and develop a diversified workforce.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 34951BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=3104658
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=3104658