Clinical Faculty Position in Childhood Education
Fordham University, Graduate School of Education in New York
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Division of Curriculum & Teaching (C&T) in the Graduate School of Education at Fordham University is seeking a clinical faculty (non-tenure track) to join our faculty in the coordination of and teaching in our nationally recognized Childhood Education Program and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Program.
The position requires productive teaching and coordination of the Childhood Education Program and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Program as well as effective mentoring of graduate and doctoral students, and collaborating in the enhancement of the Curriculum and Teaching Division and the Graduate School of Education.
The person in this position will teach a minimum of 18 credits during the academic year (fall/spring) and has the opportunity to teach in the summer as well. The course load may include teaching graduate and doctoral level courses. The position is based at our Manhattan campus, and will have teaching responsibilities at our Westchester County campus. Courses are offered through both synchronous and asynchronous formats.
Program Support in the Division of Curriculum & Teaching Mathematics Education Program
- Serve as Program Coordinator of Childhood Education and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Programs.
- Recruit candidates and revitalize enrollment in the area of Childhood Education and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Programs.
- Review applications of candidates to different programs in the Division.
- Advise teacher candidates in different programs of the Division.
- Participate in Information Sessions and other recruitment activities.
- Oversee teacher candidates’ field experiences.
- Identify, orient, and evaluate adjunct faculty and field specialists in Childhood Education and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Programs.
- Responsible for and collaborate with colleagues from Childhood Education Program and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Programs in matters related to accreditation data collection and management.
- Represent program at Divisional and Graduate School of Education meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned by Division Chair.
- Doctoral degree in a field related to Childhood Education
- Must hold teacher certification
- At least three years of teaching experience in P-12 education in the area of Childhood Education
- Knowledgeable of teacher education and online teaching and learning.
- Understanding of professional and scholarly collaboration within diverse and interdisciplinary contexts.
- Professional preparation and/or experience in at least one of the following areas: STEM; STEAM; Special Education; Multilingual Education; Assessment; Art Education; Cognitive and Brain-Based Education; Socio-Emotional Learning; and Qualitative Research Design.
For more information contact Dr. Chun Zhang, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application will begin immediately. Position begins fall 2017.
TO APPLY: Submit letter of intent, curriculum vita, and two references to Dr. Chun Zhang, email@example.com.
Located in Manhattan and Westchester County, Fordham University’s Graduate School of Education is committed to urban education and to increasing faculty diversity. Fordham’s Graduate School of Education is NCATE accredited and is a member of the Holmes Partnership. Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to approximately 15,500 students in its four undergraduate colleges and its six graduate and professional schools.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.