|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
Dean College invites applications for a Director of Advising. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Student Success and Career Planning, this position is a member of a critical team within the Robbins Family Center for Advising and Career Planning and is responsible for management and leadership of the holistic advising process; training and supervising ten advisors; office manager; developing and implementing program for undecided students; collaborating and coordinating activities for transfer and graduate school admissions; and coordinate out to students who are at-risk. The Director will also work closely with the Office of the Registrar for registration and tracking degree progress. The Director will actively collaborate and serve as a liaison with academic deans, student life, faculty and staff in the areas of advising and support. The Director will conduct all operational aspects of the Advising Center, including supervision of Professional advisors, support staff and budget. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and manage departmental advising activities
- Train and supervise advisors
- Supervise administrative staff
- Develop and implement program for undecided student learning community
- Supervision of advisors in their advising roles and supplemental positions including International Student Services, Program for students on Academic Probation, Transfer Services and Early Alert Process
- Develop Peer Advising Program
- May advise a caseload of students
- Opportunity to teach first year seminar for undecided students
- Collaborate with Director of Career Planning to integrate Career Services as a critical component of Advising
- Oversee budget management for the Advising Center
- Serve as the liaison for family communication
- Collaborate with Registrar, Academic Affairs and School of Continuing Studies in implementation of college wide advising and registration process
- Serve on a variety of campus wide committees Other a. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications: A Master’s Degree in Education, Counseling, Higher Education or a related field; a minimum of five years advising experience; a minimum of 3 year’s supervisory experience of an advising team; strong supervisory skills in a fast-paced environment; able to initiate change and initiate new programs and processes.
In addition, the candidate must possess: a commitment to establishing working relationships across campus constituencies; strong communication skills, time management and organizational skills; invoke a collaborative team approach; demonstrate an ability to manage teams of highly motivated and experienced individuals; experience working with a diverse student body and learning styles; honesty; integrity and commitment to maintaining high professional standards; demonstrate experience using technology, preferably in a higher education setting. Teaching experience in a collegiate environment preferred.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume and contact information of three references.
Dean College is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
The Dean College Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on this link: http://www.dean.edu/uploadedFiles/Content/Campus_Life/Campus-Safety-Annual-Report-online.pdf
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://deancollege.trackingtalent.com/opportunities