|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2017|
|Type||Non tenure track|
Lecturer in Asian Pacific American Studies (JOB# 12055)
Arizona State University
School of Social Transformation
The School of Social Transformation in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University seeks applicants for a Lecturer in the area of Asian Pacific American Studies. Anticipated start date is August 16, 2017. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure track, academic year appointment. The academic year is August 16 through May 15. Subsequent annual renewal is possible contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the unit.
The successful candidate will teach courses in Asian Pacific American Studies, an innovative transdisciplinary program examining demographic, cultural, social, economic and policy issues that have shaped and continue to affect Asian American and Pacific Islander communities in Arizona, the Southwest United States, nationally, and internationally. Potential courses include but are not limited to Introduction to Asian Pacific American Studies, Introduction to Ethnic Studies in the U.S., Asian Pacific Americans and Media, Asian Pacific Americans and Film, and Asian Pacific American Genders and Sexualities. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in service to the unit, institution, and profession as appropriate.
- A PhD by the time of appointment in a relevant discipline or interdisciplinary field such as Asian Pacific American Studies, History, Anthropology, Gender and Women Studies or Ethnic Studies.
- Experience teaching in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated record of teaching excellence that incorporates active learning, successful experience teaching online, and demonstrated success meeting the needs of diverse student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities.
To apply, please submit a single PDF file to SSTsearch@asu.edu with the following materials: 1) cover letter summarizing the applicant’s experience, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) teaching statement, and 4) contact information (including email addresses) for three references who may be contacted at a later stage of the search. Initial deadline for receipt of complete applications is August 25, 2017. If not filled, review of complete applications will continue every week thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to SSTsearch@asu.edu
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.