Dean and CAO, School of Pharmacy, Georgia Campus
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Georgia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Dean will report to the Senior Vice President and Provost
and will work closely with branch campus administration and
Philadelphia campus departments. Must have exceptional
interpersonal and administrative skills, a commitment to learning
outcomes, and vision indicative of the ability to shape and
energetically lead the School of Pharmacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Establish collaborative relationships, to include formal relationships with undergraduate institutions for pre-pharmacy general education.
- Secure sites for experiential placements within the health care community of Atlanta, Georgia AHEC and the southeast region.
- The Dean will establish collaborative community relationships and pursue external funding opportunities.
- Provide effective financial management; and will serve as a visionary educational leader for the School of pharmacy in a manner that is consistent with the mission of the College.
- A commitment to cultural and gender diversity and ethics in an educational environment.
- The ability to strongly represent the college of pharmacy to local, state and national professional pharmacy organizations and other external bodies.
- Candidates should have knowledge of contemporary issues in pharmacy and pharmacy education and be a leader within national professional organizations.
- Candidates should demonstrate success in scholarly activity and have a strong commitment to shared governance.
- Candidates should also have a commitment to diversity and be able to work within multicultural academic populations.
- Candidates must possess a terminal degree (Pharm.D., PhD, D.O, or M.D.).
- Experience as a faculty member in a School of Pharmacy required.
- Higher education experience as a department chair or above preferred.
- An understanding of innovative approaches to the development of a professional pharmacy curriculum that fosters student-centered learning, critical thinking, problem solving and collaborative learning.
- A record of strong leadership in previous academic or administrative positions.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work with others to accomplish stated goals.
- An understanding of contemporary pharmacy practice and knowledge of the accreditation process in pharmacy.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Applicants with a PharmD degree must be eligible for pharmacist licensure in the state of Georgia.
All inquiries must include: a letter of intent, a curriculum vitae, salary requirements, and three (3) references, preferably from current or former supervisors.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://cw.na1.hgncloud.com/pcom/loadJobPostingDetails.do?jobPostingID=100840&source=jobList