Associate Dean for Professional Programs
College of Veterinary Medicine in Ohio
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The College of Veterinary Medicine at The Ohio State University invites applications and nominations for an Associate Dean for Professional Programs. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, proven leader to advance the college’s professional veterinary educational program with an emphasis on expanding experiential learning opportunities. The Associate Dean will articulate a vision for preeminence in veterinary education to further Ohio State as the model learning community where we prepare confident and competent students for careers of excellence in all areas of our profession.
- Oversee all processes and procedures relative to:
- The delivery of the professional veterinary program
- Curriculum development
- Faculty support for teaching and learning
- Provide leadership and direction to an established team of consisting of an Assistant Dean and Directors responsible for recruitment, admissions, career management, professional development, health and wellness
Requirements for the position
- A DVM or equivalent degree
- Demonstrable oversight and excellence in one or more areas of academic and/or student affairs such as curricular development, recruitment and admissions, and/or administration of the teaching program
- A proven track record as a leader
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Academic or corporate administration
- Programmatic development
- Recruitment and mentoring members of underrepresented groups within the profession
The College of Veterinary Medicine at The Ohio State University aspires to be the model comprehensive college of veterinary medicine in the world, impacting animal and human health through innovation, collaboration, and excellence. Our highly ranked DVM degree program has a prestigious history of outstanding graduates and leaders. In addition, the college offers an MS and PhD in Comparative and Veterinary Medicine, and in partnership with the College of Public Health, a Master of Public Health (MPH) with specialization in Veterinary Public Health. The Veterinary Medical Center, comprised of five hospitals, treats more than 40,000 companion animal, farm animal, and equine patients each year and thousands more by providing ambulatory services to a 17-county area, creating a robust experiential and communication intensive learning laboratory.
A complete position description may be found at this link: https://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/80570
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a (1) cover letter including statement of the applicant’s administrative leadership philosophy, articulated vision and how the candidate’s experience and skills support that vision, and statement of philosophy and perspective related to inclusion and diversity; (2) a curriculum vitae; and (3) names and contact information of three professional references to: Dr. Mary Jo Burkhard, Associate Dean for Faculty & Staff Affairs, Inclusive Diversity, and Planning, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1900 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210 or via email (email@example.com)
The College of Veterinary Medicine and The Ohio State University is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse environment that supports the free exchange of ideas in a professional and collegial manner in all academic endeavor as we engage audiences and serve our communities from a wide spectrum of backgrounds and experiences. The Ohio State University is an EEO/AA Employer and fosters a tobacco-free environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.