National Association of College and University Residence Halls in Delaware
|Deadline||October 01, 2017|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2017|
This year, the NACURH Executive Committee and NACURH Board of Directors is soliciting for intentions and formal bids for the NACURH Advisor position. This position serves as an ex-officio members of the Executive Committee. Their primary responsibility is to provide counsel and support to the NACURH Chairperson, NACURH Executive Committee, NACURH Board of Directors and all members at large.
The selection committee is looking for a dynamic individual with passion to support the students of NACURH, Inc. through the next four years. A strong candidate should be able to recognize their role as a consultant to the students who lead the corporation and their role in the business operations for a virtual non-profit corporation. The selection committee is looking for a significant depth and breadth of experience related to advising student organizations and the realm of housing and residential life. The advisor should be able demonstrate connections to professional networks and how experiences in those professional organizations can contribute to a successful understanding of advising the corporation. The advisor should recognize the need for the corporation to innovate with trends in higher education, demonstrate the ability to educate students about those trends, and support the students that aim to move with trends.
Please see below for information regarding requirements of service, candidate criteria and a timeline for selection. Candidates should refer to the NACURH Governing Documents, found at www.nacurh.org/documents for Bid Criteria, further information on requirements of service, and more information regarding the selection process.
Requirements of Service:
- The NACURH Advisor shall serve a term of four (4) years.
- The NACURH Advisor shall be available to the entire NBD to act as a resource and anadvisor on NACURH issues and concerns.
- Candidate must be from a current NACURH member school in good standing.
- Candidate must be employed in a full-time student personnel position with at least 5 years of full-time professional experience in the field and be employed in a position above the hall director level. Candidate must be able to serve a minimum of four (4) years.
- Candidate should have experience advising a student organization and is strongly encouraged to have experience advising a NACURH-related organization (i.e. NACURH office, regional board, RHA, or NRHH chapter).
- Candidates should have some experience working with ACUHO-I, ACPA, NASPA, or any of the aforementioned regional affiliates.
Timeline for Selection & Transition Process:
- Letters of Intent due to Chair & Advisor | September 5, 2017 by 11:59:59 PM EST
- Candidate Bids emailed to Chair | October 1, 2017 by 11:59:59 PM EST
- Candidates notified of their application status | November 15, 2017
- Final Candidates Presentations | Semi Annual Business Meeting January 2-7
- Advisor-Elect undergoes Transition & Training | January - May 2018
- NACURH Advisor-Elect takes over position | NACURH 2018
The first step of the process is to submit intent to bid for the position, which should simply be an email expressing interest in the position. Following intent, candidates will submit a written bid.
- Cover letter, Current resume, Goals synthesis
- Three letters of recommendation from: The candidate’s supervisor or department head, A student organization that was advised by the candidate, and Candidate’s option
- Candidates should include information pertaining to the financial institution from which NACURH will be operating their finances. This includes start-up costs, services, interest rates, fees and any other pertinent information needed for consideration.
- Candidate should include a list of time commitments that would affect their ability and accessibility as NACURH Advisor.
All questions should be directed to the NACURH Chair and NACURH Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com respectively. NACURH welcomes the opportunity to clarify expectations, discuss time commitments, day to day operations of the role, and past experiences in and with the position.