Senior Regional Officer - Pittsburgh
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in Pennsylvania
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 2, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is seeking a Senior Regional Officer for our Pittsburgh Branch. The successful candidate will serve as the Bank’s regional economist and senior official in the Pittsburgh region, and will be responsible for gathering economic information and managing relationships with business, economic, consumer, and community development contacts in the region. This leadership role reports to the group vice president overseeing the new regional outreach and analysis unit in the research department.
Specific expectations include:
- Serve as the Bank’s senior official at the Pittsburgh Branch
- Maintain knowledge of the Bank’s strategic priorities, policy views, and key messages and conduct outreach in the region that aligns with the Bank’s priorities.
- Develop relationships with a broad network of stakeholders in the Pittsburgh region and surrounding areas in support of the Bank’s mission and in accordance with its outreach strategy and plan, including, but not limited to:
- Leaders of the top 50 companies in the region;
- Bankers and financial services industry groups;
- Public officials and policymakers (federal, state, and local); and
- Local chambers of commerce and regional economic development organizations.
- Deliver speeches or presentations to regional audiences on a variety of topics including regional economic conditions, results of research conducted, and other requested topics consistent with the Bank’s mission.
- Build and maintain relationships with universities in the area that have strong economics programs to identify potential research collaborations and university-sponsored events/activities in which the Bank might participate or contribute our expertise.
- In collaboration with the Bank’s Public Affairs department, identify and help coordinate engagement opportunities for the Bank’s president and other district experts in the Pittsburgh region.
- Support community organizations through service on boards of directors or other activities.
- Manage the Bank’s relationship with the Pittsburgh Branch’s board of directors and business advisory councils
- Recruit prominent business and community leaders to serve as directors and business advisory council members.
- Keep directors informed of the Bank’s strategic objectives and performance.
- Develop agendas for board meetings in consultation with the Office of the Corporate Secretary.
- Coordinate board meetings and provide an overview of recent economic developments, as necessary.
- Collect and summarize directors’ commentary on local economic developments.
- Organize and lead business advisory council meetings and other roundtable sessions with business and community leaders. Collect and summarize commentary from these meetings.
- Serve as the Bank’s regional economist at the Pittsburgh Branch
- Engage in economic research, analysis, and discussions that are used to advise and inform the Bank’s president and boards of directors on economic conditions and policy issues of relevance to the District.
- Analyze regional data and anecdotal reports, and summarize findings in periodic briefings which support the Bank president’s role as the Fourth District’s voice on monetary policy.
- Author articles for the Bank’s publications and website.
- Assist in the preparation of the Beige Book and in the identification and recruitment of Beige Book or other survey participants.
- Conduct independent economic research and present knowledge and findings to professional audiences, conferences, the Bank, and the Federal Reserve System.
- Keep informed of current economic issues and provide advice on issues of interest to stakeholders.
- Serve as the local, coordinating contact for the Pittsburgh Branch
- Work with local and district management to create and maintain an effective branch environment and culture.
- Keep the Bank’s senior management informed of Pittsburgh Branch accomplishments, concerns, and emerging issues.
- Model the Bank values of accountability, excellence, inclusion, innovation, integrity, and service.
CRITICAL BACKGROUND AND CAPABILITIES
- A master’s degree in economics or a related field is required; a PhD in economics or a related field is preferred.
- The following are also required:
- Experience producing research using statistical methods to analyze economic data, writing for internal/external publications, and advising senior management on policy issues.
- Demonstrated experience in leading initiatives or organizational units that meet and exceed performance expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive and collaborative relationships with senior-level management, peers, and other business, economic, consumer and community development contacts.
- The following are desirable:
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in economics or a related field.
- Experience in economic forecasting, survey design and methodology, and/or energy economics.
Please include the following in PDF file format: (1) a current CV; (2) a sample of recent economic research; and (3) an approximately 3-page statement that outlines your qualifications for this position.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland serves the Fourth Federal Reserve District, which comprises Ohio, western Pennsylvania, eastern Kentucky, and the northern panhandle of West Virginia. It is one of 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington DC, make up the Federal Reserve System, the central bank of the United States.
Our mission is to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation’s monetary, financial, and payments systems to promote optimal economic performance across the country and within the Fourth District.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.clevelandfed.org/careers