|Deadline||August 04, 2017|
|Date Posted||July 25, 2017|
Assistant Director, Community Entrepreneurship
Arizona State University
Entrepreneurship + Innovation
Requisition Id# 34312BR
$46,800 - $64,041 per year; DOE
ASU's Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development (OKED) Entrepreneurship + Innovation team is seeking an Assistant Director, Community Entrepreneurship to work with the Associate Vice President of OKED to provide services and support to entrepreneurs, small businesses and startup companies throughout the greater Phoenix region. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and motivated individual with the skills to successfully lead the development and implementation of community-facing entrepreneurship programs such as the Entrepreneurship Outreach Network.
- Work with E+I leadership team to set annual goals in line with our strategic direction
- Work with E+I leadership team to identify trends/issues, develop solutions, and execute workflows that lead to strategic insights and operational improvements
- Assist in implementation of strategic vision and associated initiatives for E+I as a whole
- Establish the vision, mission and strategic objectives of E+I community entrepreneurship initiatives
- Provide high-level support to the AVP and to the leadership team for special projects as they arise
- Develop thought leadership on topics related to access to entrepreneurship by participating in trainings, professional development sessions, discussion groups, and more
- Develop and maintain deep and enduring relationships with a diverse portfolio of external partners such as community-based groups, local/national corporations, associations, and municipal governments, and federally-funded programs
- Forge and maintain powerful relationships with internal staff and faculty across the university in order to spark and facilitate individual and collective action toward increasing community access to entrepreneurship training and resources through innovative programming and partnerships
- Strategize and implement internal and external outreach campaigns to identify and cultivate new partners
- Effectively share and communicate information and resources internally and externally to increase awareness, understanding, and support of community entrepreneurship programs and resources
- Conduct ongoing research on the giving landscape in order to inform strategies for growing and diversifying financial support from foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data about E+I’s activities and impact into sophisticated narratives and stewardship strategies that reflect careful analysis of potential sponsors’ and donors’ motivations
- Lead the development and implementation of community-facing entrepreneurship programs, consisting of the Entrepreneurship Outreach Network, Main Street business programs, ecosystem-building initiatives, and Designing for Diversity initiatives, among others.
- In collaboration with university and community partners, analyze the needs of diverse community members as related to entrepreneurship and develop a menu of high-impact programs and initiatives to meet those needs
- Support units in the development, planning, organization, administration, articulation, and implementation of existing or new community entrepreneurship initiatives
- Oversee the implementation of community entrepreneurship programs led by E+I and monitor outcomes in order to inform and adjust strategy
- Track program data, performance and evaluation, and document qualitative and quantitative program features for reporting and development purposes
- Work with staff and faculty across the university to gather, synthesize, curate, and organize our best community entrepreneurship knowledge and resources and to identify areas of opportunity and gaps
- Lead processes for recruitment, hiring, and onboarding for talent and staff across the community entrepreneurship team
- Manage individuals to achieve ambitious goals and ensure team members are maximizing their individual potential
- Implement strategies to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction, engagement and retention
- Supervise, train and evaluate staff and prepare reports and documents related to outcome tracking and work plan development
- Participate in planning, developing and administering program budgets and unit budget
- Oversee sponsored account budgets and related expenditures
- Review requests and authorize supplies, services, and equipment purchases in accordance with established policy and available budgetary funds
- Maintain and implement department policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND six (6) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Ten (10) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the greater Phoenix community-based groups
- Demonstrated knowledge of local/national corporations, associations, and municipal governments
- Experience with managing federally-funded programs
- Experience in supervising full-time staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Experience in managing operational budgets and administering program budgets
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds. Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
The Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development is committed to Advancing Research, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development. We seek research funding, support faculty researchers, nurture partnerships with external partners, promote innovation and entrepreneurship, and share what we learn with the community and the world. We make discovery possible. http://research.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 34312BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=3090805&PartnerId=25620&SiteId=5494&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5494&JobSiteInfo=3090805_5494&gqid=1771