Olympic College in Washington
|Deadline||September 11, 2017|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
President Position Profile
The Board of Trustees of Olympic College invites applications and nominations for the position of college president. The President is the chief executive officer and reports to a five-member Board of Trustees appointed by the Governor. The President is responsible for implementing Board policies, and represents and develops relationships with multiple communities of the district, to the Legislature, to the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges, and to other educational partners, both locally, across the state and nationally. Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the Presidential Search website where they will find a wealth of information about the College and the position.
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Master’s required; Doctorate preferred, from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated, successful senior executive experience, preferably in an educational institution with multiple locations.
Work collaboratively and successfully with representatives of the College’s employee groups, preferably through experience working with negotiated agreements.
A strong commitment and demonstrated successful experience cultivating, nurturing and maintaining a culture of diversity and equity as a means to accomplish student achievement.
Politically astute with proven advocacy skills and a solid understanding of local, state and national legislative processes and issues.
Successful experience in partnering with the College foundation and other community organizations for resource development.
Ability to establish and maintain partnerships throughout the district, including business, industry, military, K-12, other higher education institutions, tribal entities and other community organizations.
Characteristics and Qualities
- A student-centered president, dedicated to leading a college that places student access and student success as key institutional priorities;
- A person with experience in strategic enrollment management, including outreach to underrepresented populations;
- An ethical, authentic, visible leader who will develop and maintain a high level of trust and respect throughout the College and within the greater communities;
- A person who inspires and supports a culture of evidence-based decision-making;
- A knowledgeable, skillful and innovative leader who will collaboratively manage a complex set of institutional challenges and issues, making difficult decisions focused on moving the College forward in a productive and sustainable way that continues to promote student success;
- A president dedicated to valuing and advocating for increased student and employee diversity, innovation and professional development, employee engagement and input, and measurable institutional results and accountability;
- A leader who has demonstrated community engagement and commitment to the comprehensive mission, vision and values of Olympic College in urban, suburban, rural, industrial and military settings;
- A person with a comprehensive understanding of the opportunities new technologies bring to the current learning environment, and the practical knowledge to bring these to utilization for the benefit of students, faculty and administration;
- An inspiring leader with a clear vision of higher education and a consensus builder who will bring the College and communities to a level of greater appreciation and participation in developing Olympic College as an educational institution for the future;
- An experienced person who values the contributions of employees, and who will proactively work with personnel, as well as demonstrate effective negotiation skills in the collective bargaining process;
- An effective communicator, listener, and advocate with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to share and to elicit information, ideas, and policy with students, staff, and the public in both written and verbal formats.
- Cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications, experience, characteristics and qualities of the presidential profile
- Five References (no letters), including one who reports to you
- Transcripts of all higher education degrees will be requested from the finalists
To be considered, complete the required application materials listed above and apply online at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/olympic/default.cfm
Please upload all required application materials when completing the online application. If you have problems uploading your documents, you may contact Government Jobs applicant support at 855-524-5627 between 8am and 5pm Pacific Time, Monday – Friday or Human Resource Services at Olympic College at 360-475-7300.
Conditions of Employment
- This is a full-time administrative Exempt position
- Must pass a criminal and financial background records check
- If hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
This position requires punctual and regular attendance. This position is in a typical office environment and requires the employee to move across campus to other buildings.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
**The Olympic College Human Resource Services will not review, scan nor accept application materials other than the required application materials listed.
All application materials become the property of Olympic College.
Not responsible for email or Fax error.
Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted on the Olympic College web site.
Human Resource Services College Service Center, Fifth Floor 1600 Chester Avenue Bremerton, WA 98337-1699 Phone: (360) 475-7300
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Employment questions: email@example.com
Olympic College provides equal opportunity in education and employment regardless of race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, use of a trained guide dog or service animal, or on any other unlawful basis. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact Human Resource Services: firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-475-7300, 1600 Chester Ave., Bremerton, WA 98337-1699. For inquiries regarding sexual misconduct policies, contact Title IX Coordinator Cheryl Nuñez: email@example.com, 360-475-7125, 1600 Chester Ave., Bremerton, WA 98337-1699
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://www.olympic.edu/presidential-search