Associate Registrar (Systems)
Cornish College of the Arts in Washington
|Deadline||August 02, 2017|
|Date Posted||July 12, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Provides leadership and manages, with the Registrar, the day-to-day workings of the Registration & Records Office, implementing procedures supportive to student enrollment and retention, registration activities, data collection and dissemination, records confidentiality and degree audit protocol. Responsible for the overall management of the Student Information System (SIS) application, coordinating the interaction of the SIS with other relevant on-campus and third-party databases, thus supporting various campus departments, offices, faculty, staff, and students who use the SIS.
- With the Registrar, manages/facilitates data collection, synthesis and reporting in support of the College’s strategic decision making and institutional research goals. Ensures timely submission of annual IPEDS reporting. Provides enrollment data in support of NASAD, FISAP and any other external reporting standards.
- Supports Jenzabar/Compass, the College’s Student Information System (SIS) by serving as an information resource within the enrollment division and the Registration & Records Office. Oversees the Responsible for management of the SIS application, including office and web user application access, support, and security settings when applicable. Develops and implements appropriate strategies and policies for the long-term management of the SIS. Ensures accuracy and data integrity of the SIS. Oversees the maintenance and upgrading of all functions. Serves as point of contact computing technical systems and operations.
- Manages configuration and administration of EMS event schedule, Virtual EMS, Campus Planning Interface and Master Calendar with Communication, Facilities, Information Technology and Academic Departments; conducts training of College space managers; provides analytics on space usage.
- Provides operational excellence by carrying out regular business processing for registration, scheduled and ad hoc query development and reporting, National Clearing House Reporting, production calendar maintenance and processing, Compass contact maintenance, Canvas support, advisor updates and tools enhancement testing and implementation. Project manages technology initiatives for Registration and Records Office.
- Provides leadership in Registration & Records by coordinating all day-to-day offices processes and managing all issues regarding data management and future implementation plans, as well as managing and overseeing documentation of the SIS and web applications in written office procedures.
- Under direction of the Dean of Academic Services, supports the production of the College’s annual Fact Book
- Serves as Chair of the Business Systems Committee to promote collaboration among administrative offices in support of both the immediate and long-term needs of College’s information systems and resources. Actively collaborates with Information Technology, Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, HR, and Advancement to ensure the consistency and accuracy of data across the College’s distributed database applications.
- With the Registrar, plans, supervises, and evaluates the registration process each term, including:
- appointments / communication
- configuration and trouble-shooting any issues with Compass
- Supervises mid-term evaluation and final grade collection processes
- Oversees the scheduling of classes each term in coordination with Registration Coordinator:
- overseeing the publication of the class schedule
- evaluating classroom assignments and on-line catalog information
- ensuring the maintenance and integration of the schedules application.
- Participates actively in various college committees and task forces and represents the College as a member of professional organizations
- Acts on behalf of the Registrar in the Registrar’s absence, including:
- resolving policy or procedural issues for students, faculty, and staff
- determining when the intercession of the Provost is required.
- Assists the Registrar in the planning and implementing Commencement, convocation exercises and other all- student events managed by the Registration and Records Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus four to five years relevant experience
- Experience SIS, report writer, and analytics software.
- High level of interpersonal skill
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of a diverse college community, as well as with parents and third party constituents
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and time constraints in a busy, team-oriented, customer-service environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, highly proficient in Excel, proficient in Access or SQL-based report writers; good understanding of data base systems
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in student affairs in a higher education setting, preferably in registration and records or admissions
- Experience with Jenzabar SIS, InfoMaker report writer, Tableau Analytics or other analytics software.
- Experience in a not-for-profit or arts environment
For consideration please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of Interest
- Cornish Application
Application deadline is August 2nd @ 5 pm PDT.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Cornish College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer intent on enriching the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Our goal is to create an intercultural learning environment comprised of people with varied experiences and perspectives. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups for all open positions.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.cornish.edu/jobs/positions/associate_registrar/