|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2017|
This position reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs
Annual renewable 12-month contract.
The Registrar serves as a member of the Student Affairs leadership team and shares the responsibility for promoting a student-centered campus environment that supports development of all students. The successful candidate must plan, direct, supervise and provide operational leadership for the Registrar’s Office.
Some specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, implements, manages and assesses the processes, procedures and policies in the Record Department;
- Provides direction and oversees the following:
- Processing of grade reports, changes in enrollment status, grade changes, enrollment verifications, transcripts and requests for student information;
- Securing, filing, storage, retrieval, purging and archiving student files and other related documents including document imaging;
- Evaluating and certifying all graduation applications and student eligibility for honors;
- Evaluating transfer credit including tools and procedures for students and staff to assess transferability of incoming and outgoing course work;
- Coordinating maintenance of program curricula in the degree audit system;
- Implements the College’s student records retention policies;
- Works with Academic Affairs, Business Office and Financial Aid to determine registration and other important dates;
- Coordinates residency of students for tuition purposes, including collaboration with the Business Office to process refunds if necessary;
- Plans and implements new systems and procedures and revision of current procedures as they pertain to the Records Department. Includes monitoring new developments and enhancements in technology systems to support registration and record keeping;
- Coordinates policies, procedures and provides institutional training for processing and releasing educational records to both internal and external requestors in accordance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA);
- Interprets and explains policies and procedures including student disputes with registration and records;
- Coordinates preparation of statistical reports for both internal and external constituencies;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MAJOR WORK QUALIFICATIONS:
A master’s degree in business, information technology, higher education administration or a relevant field preferred, bachelor’s degree required; and a minimum of 7 - 10 years of progressively responsible and related experience in a registration and records environment are required. The successful candidate will possess evidence of management and supervisory experience and the ability to analyze multi-layered problems and propose solutions. A thorough knowledge of FERPA is mandatory; as well as the ability to work collaboratively with other areas in the college. Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving and customer service skills. Ideal candidates will have experience with student information systems/databases, preferably with Ellucian Banner Software. This position requires excellent interpersonal, organizations, communication and leadership skills.
Commensurate with academic preparation and experience plus full benefits package.
Submit materials to electronically to the Office of Human Resources, Rhodes State College. Applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must include a letter of interest outlining background, qualifications and vision for the position, a resume and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers (work and home/cell) of at least seven (7) professional references. References are contacted at the point when applicants advance through the interview process. Applicants who are invited to the interview process will be required to complete a College employment application and undergo a background screening.
Rhodes State College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and employees with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Rhodes State College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
The Director of Human Resources, located in Room 223 of the Public Service Building, telephone 419-995-8302, coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.