Associate Director of Field Education, Counseling Department
William James College in Massachusetts
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The major focus of responsibilities will be the coordination of field training for students enrolled in the Master of Arts program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling in their 1st year practicum and 2nd year internship, and identifying and supporting partnerships to enhance the practicum field training. This is a full time position.
- Pre-matriculation support for entering students, especially to facilitate and assist as students seek placements for their first clinical field experience;
- General administration of the practicum-level and internship-level clinical field education experience for the M.A. program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, including—but not limited to—facilitating student planning and placement, verifying/expanding site availability and determining accuracy of site-related data in site-search databases; dealing with student problems related to clinical field education, and ensuring compliance with all pertinent policies, regulations, as well as accreditation and licensing requirements;
- Maintaining a significant level of student contact related to participation in field education, problem solving around student/site concerns and professional development throughout the training years;
- Resolving issues as they arise in the field and working with the Counseling Department Chair and faculty in this regard;
- Identification, cultivation, and development of new training sites within departmental parameters, including visits to all new training sites before the training year begins;
- Working closely with directors of emphasis areas to ensure compliance with specialty requirements and identification and cultivation of appropriate sites;
- Assuming both a participative and leadership role in the quality assurance work related to clinical field education;
- Maintenance of positive working relationships with external-affiliate sites and directors of training, with regular visitation to and evaluation of practicum and internship level sites;
- Coordinating with other field education personnel to maintain clear policies, procedures and documentation of field office functions;
- Creating and maintaining detailed and accurate records of activities;
- Participating in activities that support accreditation of the institution and of the program;
- In addition to the above-delineated specific responsibilities, the Associate Director of Field Education is expected to participate in departmental, college-wide faculty meetings, and institutional events. This position will include occasional evening and weekend obligations.
- All other related duties deemed necessary by your supervisor or management.
- Licensure as a Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in Massachusetts, or LMHC license eligible (if licensed in another state) within one year of hiring
- Doctoral degree in counseling preferred
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated administrative skills and superior attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and experience in small and large group presentation/facilitation
- An established record of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and comfort working with databases.
- Ability to drive or otherwise travel individually to field education site locations
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Monica Davis, Human Resources Assistant, at HR@williamjames.edu.
William James College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is a community that embraces multiculturalism. As such, persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to HR@williamjames.edu
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.