PRESIDENTIAL /CEO SEARCH
Hopkinsville Community College in Kentucky
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||June 13, 2017|
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks a highly ethical, caring, energetic, dynamic, student-focused, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of Hopkinsville Community College in Hopkinsville, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and strategic goals needed for HCC to be the first choice for area students. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Hopkinsville Community College (HCC) is one of the 16 colleges. HCC enrolls 2,882 students on an annual basis, has 2 campuses (1 in Hopkinsville; 1 in an adjacent county) and serves Workforce clients with customized instructional programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Hopkinsville Community College (HCC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the HCC Board of Directors and Foundation Board comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels.
Hopkinsville Community College is an inclusive, student-centered educational institution that provides accessible, innovative, and comprehensive learning opportunities within a supportive community that encourages academic excellence. The college sustains strong educational, community, military, agricultural, and economic partnerships to improve quality of life in the southern Pennyrile region and Fort Campbell and enables students to be responsible citizens in a global society.
Hopkinsville Community College promotes excellence in teaching and learning by offering:
- Degree, diploma, and certificate programs and courses that enable students to:
- transfer to four-year institutions, and
- acquire the knowledge and skills for new or continued employment;
- Developmental, academic and support services that promote student success;
- Customized business and industry training;
- Continuing education and community outreach; and
- Adult education
The first-choice institution of higher education and workforce training in our region
- Academic excellence and life-long learning
- Access and student success
- Stewardship of human, fiscal, capital, and environmental resources
- Leadership and community engagement
- Inclusion, multiculturalism, globally focused
- Continuous improvement
- Strong partnership with the military community
- Strong communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Team Builder
- Student focused with a strong commitment to student success & achievement
- Commitment to Ft. Campbell and military community
- Strategic thinker
- Team Member
- Embraces and is highly visible throughout the communities served by HCC
- Commitment to faculty and staff development
- Financial background with an understanding of the budgeting process
- Ability to reach diverse populations
- Aware of and responsive to workforce needs of the community
- Understands the service region of the college
- Understands the agriculture/rural based area and culture of the community
- Ability to develop & strengthen community, K-12, & higher education partnerships
- Community College experience
- Curriculum and program development experience
- Proven fundraising skills
- Facilities management experience
- An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
- Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
- An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
Applicants will submit for review the following:
- A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
- A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
- All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on July 7, 2017.
The review of applications will begin July 10, 2017. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*Please Note: All
semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10-minute video
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources Job #9765
300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
For more information regarding this position, please visit the Hopkinsville Presidential Search webpage at https://hopkinsville.kctcs.edu/Presidential_Search/
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://hopkinsville.kctcs.edu/Presidential_Search/