Instructor - Engineering Technology
Rhodes State College in Ohio
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2017|
|Type||Non tenure track|
This position reports to the Chair of Integrated Systems Technology Department and Dean of Business, Technology and Public Service.
Full-Time, 10-month, annually renewable appointment.
The Instructor has the responsibility for developing curricula and teaching Engineering Technology courses for the EET and MET departments and serving as primary custodian of the Project Lead the Way (PLTW) program at selected secondary high schools. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively and effectively with industry and fellow colleagues of related disciplines. In addition, specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teach up to twenty (20) contact hours weekly in assigned day, evening, or weekend courses. Able to teach alternative delivery modalities including flipped classes, cohort and hybrid course content;
- Provide 10 office hours weekly for student advising, curriculum development, assessment activity, etc.;
- Provide 10 hours weekly of college and community service (committees, meetings, professional development etc.;
- Assist the IST Chair and BTPS Dean in the selection and assignment of adjunct faculty for courses related to scope of responsibility;
- Assist the Chair with recommendations for hardware/software purchases, instructional scheduling, use of facilities and other related contractual items;
- Assist with marketing projects and promotion of the College, BTPS and individual departments or programs through variety of activities;
- Instruct and facilitate classes and labs;
- Maintain skills by acquiring and maintaining required PLTW certifications and attending necessary training sessions;
- Develop professionally by continuing to seek and learn new knowledge and skills in EET and other associated areas;
- Actively participate in divisional, college committees and related activities;
- Be committed to implementation of the philosophy and conceptual framework of the BPTS Division and its programs;
- Perform other similar duties as required.
MAJOR POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering or engineering technology field. Master’s degree or professional licensure preferred. Applicable fields of study include electrical/electronic, industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, or similar engineering or engineering technology.
Must also have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing as a practicing engineer, engineering technologist or a closely related position;
- 1-3 years’ experience as a secondary and/or post-secondary instructor;
- Current Ohio Department of Education high school teaching permit for career technical engineering processes or ability to obtain permit. Background check and fingerprinting are required for permit;
- Appropriate PLTW certifications or ability to obtain them.
Willingness to adapt to technological trends by becoming proficient at future applicable PLTW instructional modules is required. Must be willing to receive extensive and ongoing training in related engineering technology fields and develop new courses related to current industry trends. Must be committed to the two-year college mission, quality instruction and willing to work evening or weekend hours as needed. Must be reliable, conscientious and able to work independently and must be detail oriented and a self-starter.
Submit materials electronically to The Office for Human Resources, Rhodes State College, by email email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must include a letter of interest outlining background, qualifications and vision for the position, a resume and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers (work and home/cell) of at least seven (7) professional references. References are contacted at the point when applicants advance through the interview process. Applicants who are invited to the interview process will be required to complete and submit a College application.
Rhodes State College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and employees with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Rhodes State College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
The Director of Human Resources, located in Room 223 of the Public Service Building, telephone 419-995-8302, coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.