Dean of Enrollment Management
Duke Kunshan University in China
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Dean will establish a new department that includes current and new Recruitment, Admissions, Study Abroad, and Financial Aid Offices. The Dean will oversee the coordination of all undergraduate enrollment activities across the institution. The Dean will collaborate with key institutional stakeholders to develop and implement a comprehensive long-term undergraduate and international enrollment strategy that aligns with and supports the academic goals, education priorities, research mission and scholarly aspirations of Duke Kunshan University.
Executive Vice Chancellor
- Supervise a staff of recruiters and admission staff who are responsible annually for creating the freshman entering class for Duke Kunshan University;
- Manage the admissions funnel from prospect through enrollment with regard to a variety of admissions metrics including overall academic standing and achievement, student experience, English language skills, oral and written competency, and preparedness for a college learning experience.
- Develop and implement a student-centered, full-funnel admissions advising approach
- Develop and implement an integrated, holistic application review process
- Create - using relevant data and benchmarks - a strategic lead generation/recruitment plan that includes name purchases, search, travel, social media, on-campus and off-campus events and visits, electronic and print publications, etc.
- Create a marketing and communications plan - in collaboration with the Senior Director for Marketing & Communications - segmented by high school year, location, and by other important data points such as level of engagement, major, etc., that constitutes the key components of a dynamic generation plan
- Create and implement a strategy for engaging with key influence leaders such as guidance counselors, parents, and alumni
- Participate in the creation of an "offer and financial aid strategy" with senior leadership
- Create and implement a multi-channel yield/anti-melt plan
- Oversee all business facets of the enrollment organization, including budget, personnel, technology, etc.
- Represent Duke Kunshan University at an array of admission events on- campus and off-campus
- Ensure all data reliability and integrity through strict quality control measures
- Identify and organize key initiatives related to annual freshman admission
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of a master's degree, along with at least ten years of progressive experience in enrollment management, some of which may have been attained in either private or private college admissions.
- Qualified candidates should be outcomes oriented, results driven, forward-thinking, and possess a clear strategic vision for how Duke Kunshan University should address and position the university in preparation for evolving demographic and socio-economic trends in China and abroad.
- The Dean must be an articulate and effective speaker and presenter and able to build productive organizational linkages through effective cross-institutional collaboration.
- Must possess strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, and have demonstrated strong leadership capabilities.
- Familiarity with Mandarin Chinese--written and spoken--would be a plus.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and CV to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn using “Dean of Enrollment Management” as the subject.
About Duke Kunshan University
Duke Kunshan University is a partnership of Duke University, Wuhan University and the Municipality of Kunshan, China. The Duke Kunshan University campus is located 37 miles west of Shanghai in Kunshan, which is connected to Shanghai via a 19-minute high-speed train and a subway-light rail train system.
As an international intellectual community that encourages diversity, openness and creative learning, Duke Kunshan University welcomes outstanding faculty from around the world who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to this global learning and research environment. Duke Kunshan University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.