Director of Financial Aid
Duke Kunshan University in China
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Duke Kunshan University seeks to hire a Director of Financial Aid to coincide with the launch of its new innovative interdisciplinary liberal arts undergraduate degree program. Duke Kunshan University is a Sino-US joint venture University (between Duke University, Wuhan University and the city of Kunshan) located in Kunshan China in Jiangsu province. Its new state-of-the-art campus is located about 75 minutes by car and 20 min by high speed rail from Shanghai.
The person we are seeking must be a highly energetic, creative problem solver who has at minimum 6-7 years’ work experience in the field of higher education financial aid. Familiarity with the higher education landscape in China would be a real plus as approximately 2/3 of the entering class will be from Greater China. Because this is a new office at Duke Kunshan, the qualified person also should be an adept strategic thinker who is capable of designing and executing an overall strategy for the disbursement of financial aid and scholarship funds in support of Duke Kunshan's enrollment goals. The position reports to the Dean of Enrollment Management and will be part of a three person leadership team that includes recruitment, admissions and financial aid.
Dean of Enrollment Management
- Developing an overall financial aid strategy for Duke Kunshan University's undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Collaborating with counterparts in recruitment and admissions to define an overall plan to attract the most highly qualified students to the University's degree programs;
- Work with counterparts at Duke University to endure alignment with best practices in the financial aid field;
- Cooperate with the business and financial affairs team at Duke Kunshan as well as with the development team to ensure Duke Kunshan's financial aid goals can be met;
- Develop a small team of financial aid professionals who can work efficiently and effectively together to design and implement our financial aid plan;
- Devise a variety of mechanisms to advance the University's long term goal of following a "needs blind" admissions policy.
- Must be energetic self-starter with solid knowledge and understanding of university based financial aid practices in the US;
- Possess a general familiarity with the higher education landscape in Greater China;
- Be a hands-on manager and leader who can work within and across different cultures and systems;
- Team player who understands the importance of strategic thinking as well as the need for impeccable implementation;
- Strong English writing and speaking skills; some Chinese language capability would be real plus;
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Possesses a can-do attitude along with the skills and creative instincts to solve both anticipated and unanticipated problems;
- Should have both undergraduate and graduate degrees from recognized university in China or abroad;
- 6-7 years’ work experience in the financial aid field and some supervisory experience.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and CV to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn using “Director of Financial Aid” as the subject.
About Duke Kunshan University
Duke Kunshan University is a partnership of Duke University, Wuhan University and the Municipality of Kunshan, China. The Duke Kunshan University campus is located 37 miles west of Shanghai in Kunshan, which is connected to Shanghai via a 19-minute high-speed train and a subway-light rail train system.
As an international intellectual community that encourages diversity, openness and creative learning, Duke Kunshan University welcomes outstanding faculty from around the world who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to this global learning and research environment. Duke Kunshan University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.