Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships
University of North Texas at Dallas in Texas
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 13, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
This is senior level administrative and professional work for student financial aid and scholarships. Responsibilities include the overall leadership of the organization, assuring the organization is operating efficiently, meeting service requirements of students, making policy updates in order to meet regulatory guidelines, assuring use of advanced technological resources, responsible for expending available funding, coordinating all loan, scholarship and grants-in-aid activity, reporting, coordinating audit visits, and meeting timelines imposed by internal and external constituents.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of financial aid and scholarship operations to ensure accurate, prompt and effective service delivery to students. Reporting to the Vice President for Student Access and Success, the Director is responsible for developing policies, guidelines, and procedures for the office. The incumbent is expected to make daily operational decisions independently. The Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships works closely with the Assistant Provost for Student Success, the CFO/Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration, the Registrar, and Directors of Admissions in the delivery of campus-wide student financial aid programs and initiatives. An employee in this position oversees the supervision of all full-time and part-time employees.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership and direction for financial aid and scholarship operations.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates office policy, procedure, user documentation, and training materials for scholarship and financial aid programs to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and University guidelines.
- Develops, implements, and assesses short and long term strategic planning designed to meet strategic goals
- Coordinates Federal, State, and University audits.
- Manages loan processing, cash management, loan collections, scholarship processing, and grant programs sections of SFAS.
- Ensures compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements in all financial aid programs with all donor agreements and university policies, working in conjunction with the campus community.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and evaluates employees.
- Maintains statistical data reflecting office activity.
- Coordinates with outside agencies in developing new financial aid and scholarship information systems for the University and the State of Texas.
- Prepares bids and contracts for various financial aid and scholarship services.
- Conducts presentations and provides counseling and advice to students concerning the financial aid & scholarship processes.
- Manages the maintenance, retention, and imaging of records as required by federal guidelines.
- Promotes diversity and supports existing University programs designed to create a welcoming environment for employees and students.
- Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed and work supervised.
- Candidate will need to possess high customer service skills and require the same level of service from all team members.
The successful candidate will possess the following required
Six years of professional experience in college or university Financial Aid operations; and a Master’s degree in administration or student services; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides
the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
knowledge of applicable federal and state laws.
of the University.
- Leadership skills and the ability to plan and direct large-scale projects and assignments.
- Considerable knowledge of University organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of information management systems, specifically student financial aid systems.
- Effective communications skills both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize and effectively manage multiple assignments.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of appropriate safety and security measures related to work performed and work supervised.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9.0.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Master’s degree
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/postings/2670