|Deadline||May 19, 2017|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Reporting to the President of the College, and operating as a member of the President’s Senior Leadership Team, the Dean of Advancement and Alumnae/i Relations provides the leadership for strategy formulation and implementation for all institutional fund raising, marketing, and related activities. This key leadership role is responsible for directing and managing the work of the Advancement Office and supervising staff. This encompasses the following key effective output areas: major gifts, annual appeal, planned giving, alumnae/i relations, grant writing, alumnae relations, and community outreach. The Dean also oversees and directs all of the College’s marketing and public relations. This position will interface routinely with the Board of Trustees.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve goals and objectives established for all key effective output areas, as described above.
- In collaboration with the President, identify major gift prospects, and develop a strategy and plan to cultivate and solicit each.
- Direct and supervise the work of the Advancement Office and oversee the College web-site.
- Plan and execute successful and timely annual appeals.
- Develop and Manage the department budget.
- In collaboration with President, identify gifts that target areas of need and strategic initiatives for the College.
- Develop leadership skills among direct reports and volunteer alumnae/i and Board.
- Actively participate as a member of the President’s Senior Leadership Team, attend meetings, trainings, events, both within the College and the greater community that will increase the visibility of the College within the donor community.
- Oversee annual alumnae reunions.
- Design and produce requisite reports and processes to maximize utility of the Advancement Office database software system.
- In collaboration with the President and the Dean of Admissions & Enrollment develop and lead appropriate marketing for the College.
- Related duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Minimum of four years of senior level Advancement professional experience is required;
- Proven strong relationship building and track record of closing gifts;
- Strong oral and written communications skills, and supervisory management skills required;
- solid knowledge of foundation, corporate, and government funding opportunities and procedures;
- Must have current, state-of-the-art, relevant knowledge of fundraising and advancement opportunities as related to the strategic needs of the College.
Key Drivers: Competencies and Experience
- Breadth and depth of connections in the region to expand Pine Manor College’s donor base.
- Creativity, commitment, intellectual curiosity, collegiality, and a holistic approach to college advancement, alumni relations and marketing.
- Maintain current knowledge and information on professional best practices in advancement.
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with donors/prospective donors, Trustees, Alumnae, College staff, students, neighbors and the community at large.
- Work effectively with culturally and ethnically diverse populations.
- Successful experience working with funding sources that have focused on higher education, STEM, the humanities, historical properties and social equity/justice.
- Competency with Advancement software and database management for all components of advancement.
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to travel frequently (50% of time).
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule with some evenings/weekend events and travel.
Pine Manor College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse academic environment for its students, faculty, and staff.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.