Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College in Utah
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||March 16, 2017|
The Utah College of Applied Technology (UCAT) Board of Trustees and the Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College (OWATC) Board of Directors, in consultation with the UCAT Commissioner of Technical Education, are accepting applications for the position of Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College President.
In support of the Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College’s mission, “We build a prosperous community by creating a technically-skilled workforce one student at a time,” the institution serves Weber County from the main campus in Ogden and a branch campus at the Business Depot. The college provides upwards of 1,186,392 hours of instruction each year to more than 5,835 part-time, full-time, adult, and secondary students. Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College offers 53 accredited occupational certificate programs and many other skills training courses.
The Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College President is the executive officer of the OWATC Board of Directors and the chief administrative officer of the college. The President is appointed by the UCAT Board of Trustees, after consultation with the local Board of Directors. The president serves at the discretion of the UCAT Board of Trustees, in cooperation with the college Board of Directors, and administers the day-to-day operations of the college. In consultation with the Board of Directors, the President administers the human resource policies and employee compensation plans in accordance with the requirements of the Board of Trustees. In addition, the president needs to be an innovative leader committed to meeting the technical education needs of regional employers and be involved in strengthening business and industry competitiveness.
• Extensive experience in career and technical education.
• Master’s degree is required.
• Proven record of administrative and leadership experience at a senior management level.
• Successful experience in budgeting, strategic and long-range planning, and managing fiscal resources.
• An understanding and commitment to the mission of an established, multi- campus applied technology college.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with faculty, students, staff, Board of Directors, the UCAT Commissioner, and the UCAT Board of Trustees, government and education officials, employers, and the community at large.
For a complete list of College President duties and functions, refer to UCAT Policy 110 at http://ucat.edu/ucat/policies-procedures/
To be considered, each applicant must submit the following:
• Cover Letter
• Current Resume
• Written description of how the candidate meets each of the Required Qualifications and Primary Responsibilities referenced above, using specific examples.
• List the names and phone numbers of six references who can be contacted.
Salary and benefits will be competitive. All applications will be treated confidentially. A background check will be required for finalists.
To ensure full consideration,
application materials should be submitted by 5:00 p.m. (MDT) April
For further information visit: www.ucat.edu and www.owatc.edu
Please submit completed applications
by e-mail to:
Tyler Brinkerhoff, Assistant Commissioner
firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (801) 341- 6003
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.