SECURITY SYSTEM ARCHITECT
Arizona State University in Arizona
|Date Posted||March 15, 2017|
Security System Architect
Arizona State University
UTO Information Security
Requisition Id# 30652BR
Depends on experience
The University Technology Office (UTO) Information Security Architecture team at ASU is seeking a Security System Architect to join our high-performing and growing team. Under general direction, performs complex evaluation, analysis and design of technological solutions across the Enterprise to ensure the university's technology platforms, architecture, networks, and applications support business and technology planning consistent with future strategic objectives and goals.
- Oversees implementation of technological solutions to ensure support of future business strategy across the Enterprise
- Identifies and coordinates appropriate resources to ensure optimum system efficiency; directs implementation of continuous system enhancements to ensure timely and accurate activities to maintain and/or improve system integrity
- Reviews, consolidates, and develops business rational/justifications associated with business partners' IT plans and strategies
- Evaluates and manages customer demand for IT services to ensure deployment of appropriate time and resources for optimal and effective outcomes
- Manages and oversees system and resource requirements necessary to build architecture standards for the Enterprise to ensure overall system integrity.
- Designs and proposes architectures that align IT delivery with business needs consistent with established enterprise standards
- Provides ongoing evaluation and assessment of Enterprise alignment of infrastructure, applications and customer/system design requirements and impact to strategic business and technology planning
- Researches, identifies, and recommends new/emerging technologies and technical trends that add value across the enterprise; provides impact assessment of proposed changes to future state architecture
- Propose development and implementation policies, standards, and procedures to ensure compliance with established standards, requirements, and regulations.
- Develops and maintains effective working partnerships with all stakeholders including, but not limited to internal and external customer, vendors and service partners by facilitating appropriate involvement in planning and operations to ensure a collaborative and supportive working environment.
- Participates in enterprise wide technology planning to determine technology architecture defining system design requirements and standards providing guidance to technology leadership in defining business strategy
- Develops, maintains and publishes enterprise-wide security standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Understands the principles, practices, methods, and techniques of information architecture, strategic planning, project management, and process/workflow mapping.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current issues and practices for supporting development of best practice operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and techniques of technology planning, architecture design, and forecasting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the practices, methods, and techniques to design and analyze complex systems, servers, and network topologies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer service and consensus building skills through attempts to acknowledge differing needs, understanding, and objectives which may result in conflict.
- Uses critical thinking and problem solving related to developing integrated strategies and solutions.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Uses effective communication and problem solving to efficiently identify issues, concerns, and interests providing effective solutions.
- Works effectively and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, senior administrative staff, faculty, and other interested parties.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities through application of effective time and work methods.
- Applies active listening and critical thinking skills for problem identification and resolution.
- Effectively utilizes reporting formats and criteria to present succinct and meaningful management information.
- Effectively articulates creative and technological complex visions.
- Work effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities with potentially conflicting deadlines.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field AND eight (8) years of related experience in the area(s) of technical architecture, client/server, network management, information analysis, database management in a mission critical multi-tiered environment OR twelve (12) years of recent relevant experience OR any equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in information security tools and technologies such as IDS, IPS, Netcat, Nmap, Burpsuite, SIEM tools such as Splunk, DLP, integrity monitoring, packet capture (required)
- CISSP, CISA or similar certification (required)
- Experience in utilizing reporting formats and criteria to develop/deliver clear and concise presentations to a diverse audience of technical and nontechnical users, stakeholders and executive level staff
- Experience in working effectively and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, senior administrative staff, faculty and other interested parties;
- Experience in critical thinking and problem solving related to developing integrated strategies and solutions while acknowledging differing needs, understanding, and objectives.
- Experience in UNIX and Windows commands and processes, network protocols and TCP/IP
- Experience in scripting languages such as PERL, Python, and Powershell
- and protocol analysis preferred as well as experience in forensic analysis of networks and systems
- Experience with documenting security policies, standards, guidelines and monitor their effectiveness interpreting
- Experience with regulatory policies such as HIPAA, PCI, and FERPA
- Demonstrated knowledge of current security principles, practices, methods, and techniques to design and analyze complex systems, servers, and network topologies, information architecture design, technology planning, and forecasting
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, project management, and process/workflow mapping
- Demonstrated knowledge of preventive and proactive monitoring, threat modeling, to ensure compliance and gain efficiencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of current issues and practices for supporting development of best practice security operations
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%)
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (35%)
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions; calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier
- This position receives regular administrative/managerial review of objectives
- This position provides supervision of staff for completion of project/program related tasks as needed.
The mission of the University Technology Office is to provide technology leadership for the New American University. The UTO helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff Job opportunities, see Req Id# 30652BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2816339
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2816339