|Deadline||March 28, 2017|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2017|
iOS Swift Developer
Arizona State University
DEV Web Applications
Requisition Id# 30647BR
Depends on experience
We are currently looking for mobile developers to be a part of our growing Mobile Team. If you are bright, driven, enjoy working with the latest technology and have the right blend of business acumen, are technically savvy and love a good challenge, then this opportunity is for you.
Mobile developers are responsible for end-to-end development, from server configuration, API creation/consumption, mobile dev, testing, and updates to the platform, software, and app. Should be able to communicate with stakeholders, staff, IT colleagues, and others to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend quality solutions.
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, as required in support of current and new projects
- Work on all phases of a project: requirements gathering, development, testing, qa remediation, production support, etc.
- Communicate with team regarding status updates
- Participate in business and technical meetings
- Support architectural and development guidelines and best practices
- Fix bugs and identify areas for improvement
Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field; AND, One (1) year of information technology experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months experience.
- Demonstrated Mobile experience, native, hybrid or other
- Experience in hands on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Evidence in having a technical background, Analytical, and Problem-solving skills
- Experience in delivering the full software development life cycle
- Experience in work that requires being detail-oriented, self-motivated and follow through on projects
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems quickly
- Experience in learning new technologies
- Evidnece of effectively communicating technical concepts to other technical staff members as well as non-technical members of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge with mobile security and mobile accessibility
- Demonstrated knowledge with Agile Project Management
Technical skills (any of the following):•Language: Swift, Angular, Meteor, Node, Objective C, C++, Java, Python
- Environment: AWS, Firebase, App Engine, Linux
- Misc: Cordova/PhoneGap, Splunk, GTM/GA, New Relic, Grunt/Gulp, Git, DyNamoDB
Use PC, sit or stand for extended periods of time, walk moderate distances to perform work, use hand/fingers for repetitive motion (keyboarding/typing), communicate both orally and in writing, and read/interpret written and oral instructions/directions. May require lifting of items weighing up to 40 lbs.
The mission of the University Technology Office is to provide technology leadership for the New American University. The UTO helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 30647BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2815896
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2815896