|Deadline||March 27, 2017|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2017|
Manager Information Technology
Arizona State University
Requisition Id# 30624BR
Depends on experience
Under executive and administrative direction, performs work of considerable difficulty in planning, coordinating, directing, and monitoring activities of technical support staff, including resources and activities related to information technology and computing support services, for the Offices of the President and Provost at Arizona State University.
This position manages a team of technical staff that provides the highest level of customer support for technology services to the executive staff in the offices of the University President and Provost. Technology services supporting the executive offices include desktop and “deskside” support for various types of computers and mobile devices, application support for office applications, conference room technology design and support, video-conferencing support, and technical support for special events, venues, and forums where the President and/or Provost will speak. This is a senior level manager position in the University Technology Office requiring excellent communications, planning, and professionalism working under pressure in a highly visible environment.
- Directs staff recruitment, development and evaluation
- supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff, including full-time professional staff and student employees
- Oversees acquisition and operation of technology resources, including equipment, vendors, and temporary staff
- Works with administration/researchers to define, adapt, develop, and implement technology hardware and software solutions to the research, communications, and security needs of the departments
- Participates in formulation of annual budget and controls ongoing operating budget
- Directly interfaces with executives, administrators, and staff, regarding ongoing operations, and existing resources, to support activities and functions of the offices of the President and Provost
- Manages projects related to hardware and applications (networking, software, implementation, security)
- Conducts direct liaison with university IT staff and executive officers in the offices of the President and Provost regarding ongoing operation, monitoring of services and applications, and existing resources
- Participates in formulation of the department's technology plans and policies
- Administers the implementation of projects, and the application of policies
- Participates as a member of the Customer Service and Support leadership team in the University Technology Office, and collaborates with UTO teams and management on various projects and operations
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related field AND five years of related experience, which includes three years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience supporting technologies for senior executives in a highly visible and active office setting
- Experience supporting a President, Provost, or Dean in a higher education setting
- Experience supporting desktop and mobile technologies for an academic or business unit at Arizona State University.
- Strong knowledge of all applications, technologies, and devices currently supported in the offices of the President and Provost at ASU
- Experience supporting video-conferencing technologies such as Vidyo, Zoom, Skype, and Blue Jeans.
- Experience using and applying process improvement methods and tools
- Experience managing a team of technical support staff, planning work, and assessing future needs of the team
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and strategic planning methods and tools
- Current with present day technologies
- Experience in performing under pressure and develop solutions quickly
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows, OS X and all mobile environment
- Experience and knowledge of Office 365 and Outlook including advance public folders usages, advance usage of calendaring, contact synchronization to multiple platform, distribution list usages, etc…
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security
- Experience in supporting high profile meetings and events and have in-depth knowledge of AV components and computer equipment of different platforms
- Experience working as part of a management team and collaborating with others to get solutions developed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of current and future trends in computing technologies and management practices.
Knowledge of current operating systems and computer architectures with emphasis on networked computing.
Knowledge of management and supervisory principles and practices.
Knowledge and understanding of the research and administrative functions of area assigned.
Skilled in planning for information resources and technology.
Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Skilled in both verbal and written communication.
Skilled in effectively managing, supervising and evaluating assigned staff. Ability to prioritize and budget own time and the time of direct reports.
Ability to perform under pressure and develop solutions quickly to meet user needs
In-depth knowledge of computer and mobile device purchases and setups utilizing different management tools to deploy and manage
Knowledge of Windows Active Directory, GPOs, SCCM, Deploy Studio, Casper Suite, and other management tools
Ability to be proactive and anticipate issues
Ability be professional, courteous, and have the ability to influence and negotiate
Experience working as part of the Customer Service and Support management team
Use PC, sit or stand for extended periods of time, walk moderate distances to perform work, use hand/fingers for repetitive motion (keyboarding/typing), communicate both orally and in writing, and read/interpret written and oral instructions/directions. May require lifting of items weighing up to 40 lbs.
The mission of the University Technology Office is to provide technology leadership for the New American University. The UTO helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 30624BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2814972
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2814972