|Deadline||March 27, 2017|
|Date Posted||March 14, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Project Manager IT
Arizona State University
UTO Planning and Programs
Requisition Id# 30054
Depends on experience
Works closely and collaboratively with stakeholders to plan, direct, organize, and execute against project requirements; identifies and acquires necessary resources and coordinates efforts by all parties to ensure timely delivery of project outcomes in accordance with sponsoring source's expectations.
- Plans, develops, implements, and manages a project team through complete task definitions and work requirement identification and assignments.
- Works closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders to define project scope, strategy, budget, and outcomes; identifies critical resource expertise and targets appropriate internal and/or external sources to ensure optimal outcome(s).
- Establishes and continually monitors/manages project expectations with team; assigns tasks and identifies issues for resolution to ensure optimal team effectiveness.
- Prepares and maintains all project status reports and schedules; tracks milestones/deliverables, critical paths and dependencies; re-sets expectations as needed in consideration of project progress/outcomes.
- Responds to all inquiries regarding project status; prepares and responds to all regulatory reporting/filings to ensure compliance.
- Manages, coaches, and supervises all project team members both internal and contracted to ensure optimal outcomes; builds, develops, and maintains relationships vital to project success.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders, leadership, and other related staff to define and identify all required project infrastructure including, but not limited to: space, build/reconfiguration of facilities, equipment, technology and infrastructure to ensure timely availability for successful launch and ongoing project operations.
- Prepares all post-project reports, budget allocations and summaries/filings to ensure timely dissemination of information to all interested parties.
- Takes action to mitigate conflict; escalates serious project issues.
- Communicate relevant project information in a professional manner to the business and technical personnel.
- Contributes in development and implementation of program and portfolio management, project management methods tools and techniques, and performance.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with multiple stakeholders within project scope.
- Reviews and ensures that project specifications comply with existing codes and applicable University, state and local requirements.
- Defines project objectives and scope to determine time-frame, available funding, resources, procedures, and various phases of project life cycle.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience; 1 of which are in project management, or any equivalent combination of experience and /or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience developing strategies and technical specifications for projects
- Experience in managing complex technology projects
- Experience in clarifying roles and responsibilities to ensure understanding of expectations
- Experience in taking action to mitigate conflict; escalates serious project issues.
- Evidence of effectively communicating relevant project information in a professional manner to the business and technical personnel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of available project management applications and associated project specific technology requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational development and practices to identify opportunities for change and convey the need for change.
- Experience in development and implementation of program and portfolio management, project management methods tools and techniques, and performance.
- Experience in developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with multiple stakeholders within project scope.
- Experience in reviewing and ensuring that project specifications comply with existing codes and applicable University, state and local requirements.
- Experience in using knowledge of project purpose and scope in decision-making and risk assessment, understanding impact on outcomes/success.
- Experience in defining tasks, responsibilities and outcomes, and documenting activities and tracking progress.
- Experience in developing written and verbal progress reports.
- Evidence of preferred certifications: CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management): Equivalent of 1 year of project management experience. PMP (Project Management Professional): Equivalent of 2 years of project management experience. PgMP (Program Management Professional): Equivalent of 4 years of project management experience.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking
- Use office equipment including a desktop computer
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Communicate to perform essential duties
- Receive regular review of completed tasks
The mission of the University Technology Office is to provide technology leadership for the New American University. The UTO helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 30054BR