Assistant Professor, Art
Riverside Community College District in California
|Date Posted||March 13, 2017|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
Assistant Professor, Art (Moreno Valley College)
Riverside Community College District
Application Deadline: 04/11/2017
Department: Humanities, Arts & Soc Sci (M)
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty/Counselor/Librarian
College/Campus: Moreno Valley
Physical location of the position: Moreno Valley
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tenure Track (Faculty)
Position Length: 10-month
Salary Range: Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6
Salary Amount: $59,061 - 90,997
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
The successful candidate will be responsible for lecture instruction in all areas of Art History (both Western and Non-Western) and will plan and develop a budget for, and ultimately manage a professional gallery space on campus. This will include the development of curriculum in gallery studies for a certificate. This gallery coordinator assignment may include afternoon/evening/weekend classes and projects.
Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in: fine arts, art, or art history OR bachelor's degree in any of the above AND master's degree in humanities OR the equivalent. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions.)
Note: "master's degree in fine arts" as used here refers to any master's degree in the subject matter of fine arts, which is defined to include visual studio arts such as drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, textiles, and metal and jewelry art; and also art education and art therapy. It does not refer to the "Master of Fine Arts" (MFA) degree when that degree is based on specialization in performing arts or dance, film, video, photography, creative writing or other non-plastic arts.
A minimum of two-years of experience at the post-secondary level teaching is required. Exhibition design and cultural experience required. Demonstration of art gallery and or museum work experience (such as curator,director,assistant,designer) is required. Experience teaching subjects in the field of African Art history, Latin American Art history, Asian Art history or some other non-European history of art is highly desired. A working knowledge of regional cultural and artistic community with established contacts on local and national level preferred. Experience or familiarity with community college budgeting management and space requirements for a successful college art gallery desired. Experience running a college based art gallery that includes spaces for both traditional and new media is highly desired.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The candidate should display positive and effective interpersonal skills when interacting with both students and staff.
Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The instructional assignment will include lecture classes in the discipline.
2. All faculty will participate in outcomes assessment work.
3. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
4. Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members.
5. Participation in discipline/department decision making processes and work regarding curriculum, program development, Improvement of Instruction, and other professional matters are also expected of all department faculty.
6. Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
7. Play an active role in identifying, visualizing and budgeting to create a professional, modern gallery space on campus.
8. Oversee responsibility and leadership for the educational and professional activities of the Art Gallery.
9. Perform other duties related to the Art Gallery program, assist in the selection, scheduling and execution of exhibitions, recruiting and hiring of galley staff, writing grant proposals and press releases and maintaining the gallery budget.
10. Attending all gallery openings and events in the gallery required. Visiting current museum exhibits in the region, artist's studio spaces and other local cultural events to maintain an active presence.
11. Marinating opening hours of the gallery to ensure its accessibility to the student population, college staff and faculty and local community is required.
12. Developing curriculum and possible classes that lead to a certificate in gallery studies is required.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintain broad knowledge of academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activities.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Georgina Villasenor, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8595.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Effective Employment Date:
* All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
To Apply: https://jobs.rcc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56978
Copyright Â©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency