Visiting Assistant Professor- History
Iona College in New York
|Date Posted||March 8, 2017|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
- Conducting research, either of one's design and/or as part of the projects already underway at the Institute for Thomas Paine Studies, which shall lead to scholastic/public presentations and, ideally, publications in both peer reviewed and popular presses.
- Employing the resources of the Thomas Paine National Historical Association Collection for personal/student research, courses and public expositions.
- Helping to organize and host the Third International Conference of Thomas Paine Studies (Spring 2018)
- Teaching two courses per semester - courses shall entail classes in Colonial and Revolutionary History for majors [either preexisting courses or of one's own design] as well as elective classes as per departmental needs.
- Encouraging undergraduate research in Colonial and Revolutionary History
Ph.D. required by the time of appointment
Iona College, a highly accredited liberal arts institution of academic excellence, seeks to grow our diverse community of learners, scholars and staff located at our scenic 45-acre campus in New Rochelle, just 20 minutes north of midtown Manhattan, and at our satellite programs at the Rockland Graduate Center and Rockefeller Center. At Iona we are committed to educating lifelong learners in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education.
Iona College provides opportunities for people to grow, both personally and professionally. We invite you to explore career opportunities with us and become part of a growing and dynamic institution.
Join the Iona College team and partner with us as we Move the World!
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://iona-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=22