Dean of the College of Nursing
Resurrection University in Illinois
|Date Posted||March 9, 2017|
Resurrection University (www.ResU.edu), is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Dean of the College of Nursing. Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean will provide the leadership for the College of Nursing in alignment with the University’s strategic plan. The ideal candidate will ensure academic excellence by adhering to regulatory and accreditation requirements and by responding to changes in health care practices to ensure graduates are competent to practice in a changing environment. The Dean will also provide fiscal stewardship, monitor key metrics, utilize the latest adult teaching/learning strategies, and provide for faculty development and succession planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides the vision and leadership necessary to accomplish the College’s strategic plan while fulfilling the mission of the College and University.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and core values of Resurrection University through behavior and attitude.
- Maintains an organizational structure that ensures achievement of programmatic outcomes and quality for teaching and service.
- Oversees evaluation, assessment, and planning activities.
- Promotes an environment that is conducive to open communication and discussion.
- Provides the leadership for promoting and maintaining standards established by commissions and accrediting agencies applicable to the College of Nursing and the University and ensures all College of Nursing academic programs are in compliance.
- Ensures student-learning outcomes (including student progression, graduation, and NCLEX first-time pass rates) are achieved by leading curriculum development and alignment.
- Leads faculty and student research confirming scholarly works are ongoing, tied to faculty and student promotion, as well as the College, University and community need.
- Establishes and updates academic policies for the College of Nursing.
- Oversees and manages the hiring, development and training of faculty and staff to ensure optimal performance goals are set and outcomes are achieved.
- Leads and ensures the overall quality of the academic enterprise within the College.
- Represents the College to external constituencies and actively participates in donor cultivation and fundraising.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Academic Affairs and other leaders to achieve institutional and College goals.
- Interacts with students to create a positive learning environment in which policies are implemented with fairness and attention to student development.
- Oversees the preparation and monitoring of budgets for all academic units within the College, ensuring that they are aligned with strategic priorities and fiscal realities.
- Promotes and supports the professional development of faculty including faculty engagement with scholarship and research.
- Develops and implements new curricula, programs, partnerships and/or modes of delivery with faculty that address areas of need in the fields represented within the College.
- Promotes a culture of planning and continuous assessment to improve student learning and ensure institutional effectiveness.
- Fosters relationships and cultivates partnerships with colleagues in the local, regional, national, and international areas to recruit students, remain current in educational trends, and to develop Resurrection’s academic and collegial reputation.
- A record of inspiring, successful administration leadership in higher education with evidence of a commitment to advancing the quality of undergraduate and graduate, and instruction.
- Ensures continuous program improvement by monitoring trends in nursing and healthcare. Guides the College in the development and revision of curriculum of existing and new program offerings.
- Devises staffing plan for the College of Nursing, implements new faculty orientation, mentoring and professional development programs. Coach faculty as they prepare for promotion.
- Collaborates with the Departments of Marketing and Communication, and the Office of Enrollment Management to drive enrollment and raise visibility of the College of Nursing, faculty and students.
- Collaborate with Student Services to ensure the co-curricular needs of students are met.
- Revises and maintains assessment and quality plan for the College of Nursing.
- Enhances professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars. Maintains current knowledge and educational methodologies through continuing professional development.
- Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe manner as identified by Resurrection University.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- An earned Doctorate in relevant field of study and a Master’s degree in Nursing is required, with a Doctoral Degree in Nursing preferred.
- A current license to practice nursing in the State of Illinois or eligibility for licensure in Illinois is required; professional certification and or licensure in a specialty area in nursing is encouraged.
- A minimum of 3 years of prior administration experience in a college of nursing is required; 3 to 5 years is preferred.
- The ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and outside contacts, using a high degree of judgment and discretion.
- The ability to handle confidential materials and information, always maintaining credibility through business relationships.
- Prior experience in instruction, curriculum design, program implementation, and evaluation in an NLNAC and/or CCNE accredited nursing program is required.
- Record of current membership and active leadership roles in recognized organizations associated with academic leadership in nursing is required.
- Evidence of scholarly accomplishments, and self-development through participation in continuing education offerings, advanced study, and/or professional activities required.
- Eligibility for faculty appointment as Associate Professor or Professor required.
Resurrection University, located in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago, is an accredited institution of higher education that focuses on professional health care education. Founded in 1914 as West Suburban College of Nursing, Resurrection is a part of Presence Health (the largest Catholic health system based in Illinois) and home to a College of Nursing that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in Nursing, and the College of Allied Health that offers undergraduate degrees in Health Information Management and Radiography.
The University offers its students an education that integrates personal and professional growth, compassionate service, and scholarly activities. Resurrection University exclusively uses an upper division program design, which means the classrooms are a lively blend of students who transfer in liberal arts, general education, and pre-requisite courses from a variety of institutions. Once admitted, students, who are an average age of 31, focus on the health science career of their choice. The University awards baccalaureate degrees in nursing (BSN and BSN for RN programs), imaging technology (BSIT pre and post-licensure programs), and health informatics and information management (BSHIIM). The University also awards graduate degrees in nursing (MSN).
The College of Nursing, the College of Allied Health, and Resurrection University is accredited, respected, and recognized for excellence in healthcare professions. Resurrection University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC- AQIP) and a member of the North Central Association, the College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the College of Allied Health through the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM) and by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
Resurrection University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted to Cheryl Hyatt at ResU@hyatt-fennell.com. Please specify the position in the subject line. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references and should be submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to April 7, 2017 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Resurrection University provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, order of protection status, marital status, parental status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law. Resurrection University is also committed to providing a professional, respectful and safe work environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, order of protection status, marital status, parental status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to ResU@hyatt-fennell.com
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.