Vice President for Student Life
University of Iowa in Iowa
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||March 7, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
VICE PRESIDENT FOR STUDENT LIFE
The University of Iowa invites inquiries, applications, and nominations for the position of Vice President for Student Life. The Vice President provides creative vision and leadership for all student life programs and activities, including University Housing and Dining, Women’s Resource and Action Center, University Counseling Service, Rape Victim Advocacy Program, Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator, Student Disability Services, Dean of Student’s Office, Iowa Memorial Union, Student Health and Wellness, and Recreational Services. The Vice President works closely with students, staff, faculty, administrators, and community members to advocate for students, forge partnerships that advance university goals, and ensure student learning, personal development, and well-being. As a member of the President’s cabinet, the VP advises the President and other senior administrators on policies and practices related to the university’s diverse student body.
ABOUT THE DIVISION OF STUDENT LIFE
The mission of the University of Iowa Division of Student Life is to foster student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom. The Division employs over 2700 staff and students and oversees 11 residence halls and 348 university apartments, 15 food service outlets, 10 Recreational Facilities including Macbride Nature Recreation Area, 4 Cultural and Resource Centers, the Women’s Resource and Action Center, the Iowa Memorial Union, and the Iowa House Hotel.
• A terminal degree in Higher Education, Student Development, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Leadership experience with demonstrated increases in responsibility in student affairs or academic administration (typically 10 or more years).
• Budget planning and financial analysis experience (typically 3 or more years).
• Demonstrated commitment to
promoting a diverse environment.
• Experience advocating for and forging productive partnerships with a broad array of internal and external university constituents, including students, faculty, staff, parents, and the public.
• Evidence of multi-cultural competency and commitment to diversity, specifically of having advanced diversity through hiring, mentoring, and promoting professionals from diverse backgrounds.
• An understanding of methods for learning outcome assessment, decision-making via evidence, and deployment of high impact educational practices.
• Experience working in a research-intensive and doctoral-granting institution.
• Experience working at a public educational institution.
• Ability to lead change and manage conflict in dynamic and high-pressure situations.
• Ability to be innovative, creative, and courageous when addressing institutional challenges.
• Teaching and scholarship experience suitable for appointment as a tenured faculty member in the appropriate academic department.
• Excellent analytical and
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
To review posting and apply, see www.uiowa.edu/vpslsearch. For best consideration, submit applications or nominations by March 31st. For inquiries and questions regarding this position contact Ken Brown, Professor and Associate Dean, Tippie College of Business, at (319) 335-0924 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.