Assistant Vice President of Recruitment & Admissions
Central Washington University in Washington
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
The Assistant Vice President of Recruitment and Admissions leads the Office of Admissions and is an integral part of the University’s multi-faceted Enrollment Management team. Responsible for the strategic development and execution of marketing, recruitment, admission, and yield strategies for incoming students, the Assistant Vice President reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management. An innovative and visionary leader, the Assistant Vice President is on the cutting edge of current technologies that aid in tracking and reporting student data and is able to lead the department in data-driven decisions. He/she develops and implements innovative programs and strategies that will result in the development of a nationally recognized enrollment model.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- A demonstration of knowledge and application of best practices in enrollment management including, but not limited to, marketing, data analytics, utilization of third-party vendors, the awarding of scholarships/financial aid to meet enrollment goals, etc.
- Demonstration of utilizing data analytics to inform decisions and articulation of return on investment.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with feeder high schools and counselors while conducting national and international recruitment campaigns; high visibility with local, regional and national professional associations.
- Previous supervision of full-time employees required.
- Extensive experience managing third-party contracts for prospect development and yield services, including ROI analysis of contract effectiveness
- Strong data analytics and interpretation abilities to assist in making data-driven decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with databases and reporting software required (e.g. Peoplesoft, CRM systems, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing lifecycle communication plans targeted to specific audiences (traditional high school students, parents, transfer, and non-traditional).
- Demonstrated, effective management of department resources (budget, equipment, personnel, etc.).
- A commitment to providing services in accordance with the stated mission, goals, objectives, and priorities of an organization.
- Demonstration of creativity and innovation in strategic planning and problem-solving, and an understanding of integrated marketing and its impact on enrollment.
- A high level of collaboration and teamwork and exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide cross-section of senior administrators, faculty, alumni, staff and students.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and intermediate computer literacy.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Located in historic Ellensburg, Washington, Central Washington University is a public four-year university. Home to over 10,000 students, Central has a commitment to hands-on learning and discovery, which takes students beyond the limits of the classroom and books. Central prepares students to become well-educated citizens who are ready for high-demand careers in the workforce and offers over 150 undergraduate majors as well as graduate studies programs and research. To prepare and enable students to succeed in a global economy, Central partners with over 30 colleges and universities around the world.
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://careers.cwu.edu (Search Job ID 1134). CWU is an AA/EEO/Title IX/Veteran/Disability Employer.
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting; and
- Resume including work history, education, and training
Screening Begins: March 8, 2017
**Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.