|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
Vice President of Academic Affairs
The Vice President of Academic Affairs serves as chief academic officer, overseeing all aspects of the college’s academic operations, program services, academic accountability, assessment of student learning, advancement of student success, academic personnel decisions, budget development, and program and curriculum development.
1. Provides leadership and supervision for Academic Affairs faculty and staff in the planning and implementation of instructional programs (both credit and non-credit), academic support services, and course and program review assessment.
2. Reviews student data, guides staff in the development of program strategies, analyzes strategies, allocates resources, and is accountable for achievement of College goals and objectives.
3. Works with the College President and other vice presidents to evaluate proposals, programs, and policies including evaluations and decisions, program expansion or direction and college expenditures;
4. Provides vision and leadership in planning and supports programming that meets the needs of local, regional and state business and industry;
5. Collaborates with faculty and staff when making decisions.
6. Provides an environment for faculty and staff development.
7. Works actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility and teamwork.
8. Establishes a working relationship with external agencies and systems, higher education institutions, K-12, business and industry and workforce development boards
9. Works to support the teaching and learning process, creating and supporting a student centered environment.
10. A member of the president’s senior staff:
· Serves as an educational leader not just a manager, functioning as part of the senior level management team that fosters pride and excellence in the institution through a supportive environment.
· Ensures that all academic programs and services are supportive of the college’s mission of affordability, accessibility, quality and equity for all students and are assessed and revised to achieve and maintain currency.
· Advances the core principles of the college’s mission, vision and strategic priorities, providing leadership and opportunity, setting a high standard of performance, nurturing and supporting achievement while modeling behavior supportive of institutional values and goals.
· Ensures effective communication throughout the academic function and the college community.
· Oversees curriculum development and assessment.
· Faculty recruitment and retention.
· Evaluates personnel and staff supervision.
· Supports the college’s efforts related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and globalization.
This position requires a Doctoral degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution, 5-7 years of progressive teaching and management experience in a higher education multi campus environment. This position also requires demonstrated experience in the planning and implementation of instructional programs (credit and non-credit), workforce development, academic support services and course and program assessment. The successful candidate must also demonstrate skill in fostering a collegial environment that encourages scholarship, teaching and learning excellence and a successful record of interaction with educational institutions, government agencies and the community. The candidate must be an excellent communicator, a collaborative leader, a visionary, “thinks outside the box” and can lead and manage change. In addition, he or she must be unafraid of hard work, not take him/herself too seriously, and have a great sense of humor.
ADA requirements for this position include critical thinking skills with the ability to process information and exercise good judgment; ease of mobility within the work environment and other areas of campus and College locations; travel between campus locations may be required; and effective use of all forms of communication (oral, visual, auditory, written), including use of computers.
Non-published: Salary is commensurate with education and direct experience.
To apply: www.davidsonccc.edu/employment
An equal opportunity College
297 DCC Road, Thomasville, NC 27360
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.davidsonccc.edu/employment