Dean of Libraries
Hudson County Community College in New Jersey
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2017|
Hudson County Community College is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college with two campuses located just across the Hudson River from Manhattan in Jersey City and Union City, NJ. Fully accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College offers courses and classes in a wide variety of disciplines to the people and businesses of Hudson County, one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. The College was recognized with the 2012 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Northeast Regional Equity Award, was one of just five finalists in the U.S. for the American Association of Community Colleges’ (AACC) Student Success Award, and was presented with the New Jersey Business & Industry Association’s Good Neighbor Awards in 2009 for the Culinary Arts Conference Center and in 2012 for the North Hudson Campus Project, and in 2015 for the state-of the art, award-winning Library Building.
In 2016, the HCCC Library was recognized by the Association of College and Research Libraries with its EXCELLENCE award for its innovative programs, offerings and services. Hudson County Community College is the first college or university in the state ever to achieve that recognition.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Student and Educational Services, the Dean of Libraries will provide leadership to meet the information and research needs of the campus and surrounding community. The Dean will articulate a strategic vision for the future of the library, and continue to facilitate the transformation of the Library into a vibrant, student-centered, 21st century, academic and cultural hub. The Dean of the Libraries integrates diverse resources and technologies, collaborates with college constituents, and cultivates a dynamic teaching and learning environment. The Dean of Libraries fosters an organizational climate that promotes diversity, encourages innovation, and provides effective leadership to Library staff and students.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and forward-thinking Library professional to join an award-winning team in a highly collaborative environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university (doctorate preferred)
- Ability to envision and articulate goals for an innovative , forward-looking academic library
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to mentor and nurture staff
- At least five years’ experience in an academic library in progressively responsible positions; at least three years’ supervisory experience
- Budget management experience
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively
- Commitment to professional growth within the field; active participation in statewide and national library associations
TO APPLY: Send a letter of application, resume, salary requirements and names/contact information of three professional references to:
Hudson County Community College
Department of Human Resources
81 Sip Avenue - Mezzanine Level
Jersey City, NJ 07306
For additional information about the College, please visit www.hccc.edu. Employment opportunities at Hudson County Community College may be obtained at www.njherc.org , www.higheredjobs.com , and www.latinosinhighered.com
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.