|Date Posted||February 13, 2017|
The George L. Graziadio School of Business and Management of Pepperdine University is seeking a Vice Dean of Student Engagement. This position is a senior level executive role that reports directly to the Dean and will effectively serve as the chief operating officer of Graziadio.
Graziadio enjoys a national and international reputation as one of the leading business schools in the world. It is recognized as one of the largest graduate business schools in Southern California and is accredited by the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – an honor bestowed upon fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide. Our faculty members are continually recognized for their outstanding work in practical and applied research in business.
Degree programs of the School are offered at Pepperdine University’s main campus in Malibu, and at satellite campuses in Encino, Irvine, San Jose, Westlake Village, and West Los Angeles. The School offers several Master’s degree programs and one Bachelor’s degree program. For more information on the School, visit https://bschool.pepperdine.edu/about/
The Vice Dean of Student Engagement is responsible for:
- Leading an end-to-end Engagement Process that attracts the highest caliber students to GSBM and seamlessly manages engagement with students through their inquiry, admission, ﬁnancial aid, enrollment, scheduling and program experience, career counseling, alumni seeding, and graduation.
- Co-developing with Marketing the enrollment strategy that enhances lead generation and cultivation based on evidence, then overseeing the Recruitment function in support of agreed upon targets and program needs that fully respect the uniqueness of full-time, fully employed, and executive students and programs.
- Overseeing plans, processes, operations, controls, and staff across Admission and Student Financial Services.
- Overseeing Program Ofﬁ ces [full-time, fully employed, executive], Global Programs, and Career Services including the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans with yearly goals, objectives, budgets, project activities and events, scheduling, counseling, and resource management to students and alumni.
- Ensuring development of Strategic Partnerships with corporate recruiters and human resource professionals to build mutually beneﬁ cial interviewing and job referral programs that facilitate students into their future careers.
- Working with Alumni to seed great time/treasure/talent mindsets and behaviors throughout the student lifecycle.
- Overseeing a new Student Life department that will focus on supporting and enhancing student experience, community building and spiritual formation, with primary focus on the full-time student population in Malibu.
The successful candidate will have the educational and professional experience required to lead in a premier academic setting, strong operational/ﬁnancial skills, professional achievements and/or academic qualiﬁcations commensurate with a senior academic appointment. Qualiﬁed individuals will exhibit the following key qualities: alignment with and support for Pepperdine’s mission; values-centered leader who exhibits integrity, compassion, courage, and stewardship; systemic thinker with a bias for getting things done and an attention to details; strong team builder and collaborator that develops and inspires people to deliver excellence in all they do. Qualiﬁed individuals should also be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Please apply online at jobs.pepperdine.edu.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
Pepperdine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Pepperdine is religiously affiliated with the Churches of Christ. It is the purpose of Pepperdine to pursue the very highest employment and academic standards within a context which celebrates and extends the spiritual and ethical ideals of the Christian faith. While students, faculty, staff and members of the Board of Regents represent many religious backgrounds, Pepperdine reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.pepperdine.edu