Director, College Counseling
Scheck Hillel Community School in Florida
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2017|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Scheck Hillel Community School located in sunny South Florida is currently accepting resumes for a college counseling professional in our high school for the 2017/2018 academic year.
Responsible for administering all aspects of the college search and admissions process, including the following:
- Facilitating meetings with juniors and seniors, individually and in groups, with parents and without, to discuss researching colleges and making individual college choices
- Through both formal and informal venues, advising all High School students, parents and faculty about colleges, the college admissions process, trends, procedures, and testing
- Supporting high school students as they transition from high school to college
- Coordinating onsite meetings with college admissions representatives.
- Teach one to two college readiness classes.
- Partnering with counselors in 8th grade to begin strategic planning for college admissions.
- This position will have some responsibility coordinating SAT/ACT testing.
Along with extensive experience in college counseling and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field, qualified applicants must have excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills. Must be flexible and able to work within a demanding environment where developing positive community relations is critical. Masters Degree and Educator Certification preferred.
We offer competitive salary, benefits, opportunity for growth, professional development, and more. For immediate consideration, email resumes or visit our website at www.ehillel.org for more information about Scheck Hillel.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.