Senior Lecturer (non-tenure track), Curriculum and Teaching
Boston University School of Education in Massachusetts
|Deadline||January 30, 2017|
|Date Posted||December 20, 2016|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The School of Education at Boston University is seeking applicants for a full-time, non-tenure track Senior Lecturer positions in Curriculum and Teaching. This position entails teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses in curriculum and teaching, specifically the education foundation courses taken by undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students. This includes introduction to education, curriculum planning and analysis, and teacher education and professional development.
The School of Education at BU specifically welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups and applicants with a strong commitment to social justice and change. We are looking for candidates who bring and seek to develop this commitment to the teaching of foundational courses within the school.
This position begins July 1, 2017. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Description of Duties
- Teach foundational courses in both undergraduate and graduate programs
- Provide professional academic advisement to students
- Collaborate with and support our other professional education programs
- Conduct a program of scholarly research and publication on teaching and learning appropriate for the rank of Senior Lecturer
- Engage in professional development activities with in-service educators and/or pre-college students
- Earned doctorate in curriculum and teaching, teaching and learning, or related field.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and social justice issues in teaching and learning
- Ability to design and implement engaging instruction
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- An emerging and/or established research agenda
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the college/university level
- Three or more years of successful teaching experience in PK-12 settings
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH BU HUMAN RRESOURCES WEBSITE
Applicants should submit the following documents electronically at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8718
- Cover letter explaining suitability for position
- Current curriculum vitae
- 1–3 Sample(s) of scholarship
- Unofficial copies of graduate transcripts
- 3 Letters of Reference
Review of applications will begin January 30, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries may be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee, Professor Donna Lehr (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8718