President of Goshen College
Goshen College in Indiana
|Date Posted||December 21, 2016|
Goshen College seeks candidates for
The next president of Goshen College will be energized by the
call to lead the institution toward a thriving future in a
changing, complex and competitive higher education
environment. Committed to the Anabaptist Christian faith, Goshen College’s 17th president will embody the core values of the college: Christ-centeredness, passionate learning, servant leadership, global citizenship, and compassionate peacemaking. S/he will also hold a terminal degree (or equivalent experience), and demonstrate a successful higher education leadership record (or equivalent executive leadership experience). The ideal candidate will have a substantial record as an innovative leader, skillful collaborator and faithful disciple as described in the following qualifications:
- Creative, resilient, interculturally competent leader with strong communication skills and the ability to articulate, promote and build affinity for the college’s core values
- Strategic thinker and experienced change agent committed to creating and promoting an inclusive community of learners that embraces both traditional and new constituencies, while embodying and promoting Anabaptist values and priorities
- Able to ensure a sustainable future by increasing enrollment, expanding fundraising, and developing new streams of revenue
- Relational leader able to galvanize an administrative team, inspire faculty and staff, and build connections among an increasingly diverse student community
- Enthusiastic supporter of faculty, staff and student development and scholarship
- Able to develop fruitful partnerships with the various constituencies of the college, fostering healthy relationships with churches, donors, and Mennonite educational partners, and increasing the visibility of the college with local, state, national and international entities
- Follower of Jesus Christ who demonstrates faith and commitment to Anabaptist values in daily life
- Passionate advocate for justice and peacemaking, with an unwavering commitment to dismantling racism
- Able to nurture the spiritual vitality of the campus community
Search Process: Nominations and/ or letters of application with CV or resume may be submitted to Goshen College Presidential Search Committee at GCSearch@mennoniteeducation.org, or through postal mail to: Goshen College Presidential Search Committee, Mennonite Education Agency, 3145 Benham Avenue, Suite #2, Elkhart, IN 46517. Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to GCSearch@MennoniteEducation.org
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.