Chair of Mathematics - Macon Campus, Fall 2017
Middle Georgia College in Georgia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 8, 2016|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for a Chair of Mathematics. This position is responsible for directing the operations of the Department of Mathematics, within the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Assists the Dean in the development and maintenance of curriculum and courses representative of the discipline and supportive of the educational objectives of the university.
- Assists the Dean in evaluating, recruiting and recommending the appointment of faculty.
- Monitors student success, including student retention and progression data.
- Develops semester course schedules.
- Assists in the development of the department budget recommendation; supplies data and statistics; administers assigned budgets.
- Recommends faculty for tenure and promotion as appropriate.
- Produces a variety of reports.
- Reviews problems between faculty members or between faculty and students.
- Teaches courses using face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning formats.
- Participates in the recruitment and advising of students.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a doctoral degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience. Knowledge of the field of Mathematics. Knowledge of accreditation requirements. Knowledge of assessment and strategic planning strategies. Knowledge of budget development and management principles. Knowledge of classroom practices, teaching methodologies, assessment systems, and educational technology. Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority. Skill to make timely decisions. Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs. Skill in decision making and problem solving. Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public. Skill in oral and written communication.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position open until filled.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Math Chair Fall 2017 Macon”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Faculty application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; curriculum vitae; philosophy of teaching; four professional references and unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts of all institutions attended. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.