Tenure-Track Position in Biological Anthropology
California State University Dominguez Hills in California
|Date Posted||November 22, 2016|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
Assistant Tenure track Professor-Biological Anthropology
The Department of Anthropology, CSUDH, seeks applicants for a tenure-track position in biological anthropology at the Assistant Professor level beginning Fall 2017. The candidate¿s research interests may be in any area of biological anthropology that complements current program strengths in archaeology and or sociocultural anthropology.
Teach general undergraduate courses in more than one of the major subfields (ethnology, archaeology, biological anthropology, anthropological linguistics). Assist with advising of majors and serve on appropriate departmental, college and university committees.
The successful candidate is required to complete a thorough background check and the employment offer can be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying or falsified information.
- ABD considered; completed PhD is preferred. Area of expertise may include any dimension of biological anthropology and complements existing departmental strengths in archaeology and sociocultural anthropology. We seek candidates who can demonstrate their commitment to undergraduate teaching and scholarly excellence. Scholarly research excellence as evidenced by publication record is necessary.
- Experience in teaching undergraduates from diverse age, socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Preference will be given to candidates qualified to teach courses in human osteology, forensic anthropology, human variation and whose research expertise complements our program¿s emphasis in the interaction between humans and their environments. Additional preference will be given to candidates with ongoing or potential projects in Southern California that can foster undergraduate involvement and career opportunities.
Faculty Pay & Benefits
Appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor, and salary will be dependent upon qualifications and professional experience.
For information about available benefits, go to http://www.csudh.edu/human_res/Benefits.htm">http://www.csudh.edu/human_res/Benefits.htm.
How To Apply
While the position will remain open until filled, review of applications will begin on December 5, 2016.
Register your online application/s at https://my.csudh.edu/psp/paaprd/EMPLOYEE/HDHPRD/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL">https://my.csudh.edu/psp/paaprd/EMPLOYEE/HDHPRD/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL and have the following documents as a single file by December 4, 2016:
- Cover letter addressing: the applicants research interests, teaching philosophy, and future plans.
- Current Curricula Vitae
- List of 3 references with contact information
- Copy of Terminal Degree
- Sample Publications (if available)
- Teaching Evaluations (if available)
Instructions on how to submit a single document link:
Applicants that are selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be notified by the Search Committee when to submit their 3 letters of recommendation and official transcripts directly to the following address:
Dr. Janine L. Gasco, Chair, Search Committee
Department of Anthropology
California State University, Dominguez Hills
1000 E. Victoria Street
Carson, CA 90747
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright Â©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency