Assistant Professor - Marketing
University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth in Massachusetts
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2016|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Assistant Professor - Marketing
The Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is seeking a new tenure-track Assistant professor in Marketing. The preferred fields of specialization are: marketing management, entrepreneurship and small business, marketing analytics, and services marketing but we are open to all interest areas. The University supports the development of both quality teaching and quality research. We seek enthusiastic candidates who are excited about the opportunities of working with our students, scholarly environment and with both our local and global partners. We offer opportunities for both teaching and research abroad through our growing network of partner schools in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.
Located on the beautiful South Coast of Massachusetts, Dartmouth is near some of the most beautiful coastline in the United States. Dartmouth is also conveniently located near Providence and Newport, Rhode Island, as well as Boston, Massachusetts and New York is a three hour train ride. Charlton is an AACSB accredited school with 8 undergraduate degree programs, a fast growing MBA program and a number of specialized Master’s degree programs.
Our award winning Center for Marketing Research facilitates faculty led research projects in our region. To learn more about the Center please visit www.umassd.edu/cmr.
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
- Completed doctorate with an emphasis on Marketing from an AACSB
- International accredited business school (must have completed doctorate by the date of appointment or August 2017)
- Evidence of ongoing scholarly journal publications in Marketing and other related fields
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Teaching experience at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels
- Industrial or corporate business experience
- Evidence of publications in high quality journals in the field
- A record of teaching effectiveness at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels
- Commitment to develop and sustain a strong research program
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience in teaching online or web-enhanced courses
- Interest in working closely with undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Interest in assisting students with career development
To apply please submit online http://www.umassd.edu/hr/employmentopportunities/ a cover letter (should include) detailing research interests and accomplishments; teaching interests, experience and philosophy; and professional background; Sample of Scholarly Work/Publication: Samples of recent publications; Evidence of Teaching: (e.g., student course evaluations, Chair reviews, teaching awards, student testimonials, etc.); Names and Contact information for three references will be requested at a later date: References should include position title, employing organization, mailing and email addresses.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth employees and applicants for employment are protected by federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and state and local laws designed to protect employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, military service, veteran status or other non-merit based factors.
The University of Massachusetts reserves the right to conduct background checks on potential employees.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://umassd.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=78291&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=1477928355504