Assistant Professor of Psychology, tenure-track position beginning Fall 2017
Stockton University in New Jersey
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||October 5, 2016|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Ph.D. or advanced ABD are required. We seek excellent teaching, a strong commitment to service to the college and community, plus active scholarship. Candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate social psychology, experimental psychology and/or statistics courses. Ability to teach industrial/organizational or social neuroscience is a plus. Teaching load is three courses (12 credit hours) per semester. Faculty are expected to teach general studies courses. Additional duties as stipulated by the collective bargaining agreement. Academic experiences with culturally diverse populations desired. Research opportunities available at the college, nearby Federal Aviation Administration William J. Hughes Technical Center (Human Factors Lab), Transportation Safety Administration (HSA), and local casino industry. The campus is less than a 30 minute drive from Atlantic City, NJ, less than a 60 minute drive from Philadelphia, PA, and less than 120 minutes from NYC. Stockton is in the process of building a satellite campus in Atlantic City.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
Screening of applications will begin December 1, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://careers-stockton.icims.com/jobs. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
1.) A letter of application describing qualifications and accomplishments
2.) A curriculum vitae
3.) Evidence of teaching excellence
4.) Graduate transcripts
5.) Three letters of recommendation
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://careers-stockton.icims.com/jobs