American Research Center in Egypt in District of Columbia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2016|
The American Research Center in Egypt (ARCE) has promoted the study of Egypt’s cultural history by thousands of Americans over the last 66 years. With the support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and in close collaboration with Egypt’s Ministry of Antiquities (MOA), over 75 projects of monument conservation and specialized training have been completed and over 750 Egyptian archaeologists and conservators have been trained in preserving Egyptian culture. ARCE is accepting applications for an Executive Director to be based in Washington, D.C.
ARCE is looking for a senior leader who understands the importance of preserving the cultural heritage of and advancing research into one of the world’s oldest civilizations. The Executive Director will provide vision and steady leadership to increase public awareness of and financial support for ARCE’s mission. The Executive Director will work closely with a U.S.-based Board of Governors and an Egypt-based Cairo Director to steer ARCE to be the leading global force in facilitating research and collaborative partnerships in Egypt. S/he will take responsibility for ARCE’s strategic, programmatic, financial, and development operations, ensuring that the organization achieves the goals of its Strategic Plan in a fiscally responsible manner. Under the ED’s leadership, ARCE will expand its potential for U.S. growth through direct cultivation of regional U.S. chapters, research-supporting members, individual members, and donors.
The ideal Executive Director will have:
- Ten years of nonprofit, government, or business experience, with at least five of them in a leadership role; experience in a membership-based organization is preferable.
- Knowledge and cultural understanding of Egypt and/or the Middle East region and passion for the advancement of research on Egyptian history and culture is necessary.
- Background in museum, cultural, or academic institutions is desirable.
- Proven record of hiring, mentoring, and supervising a collaborative and mutually respectful team to achieve a high level of performance and exceed strategic goals.
- Firm knowledge of long-range planning, budgeting, accounting, and financial management.
- Open, honest, and thorough communication skills necessary to coordinate with people across both difference and geographical distance.
- Proven experience as a relationship builder; existing high-level relationships in the cultural and/or international sectors are desirable.
- Direct experience cultivating high-level donors and/or investors and soliciting funds.
- Master’s or higher degree is required.
DRi is leading this search for ARCE. For more information about the position, please visit http://www.driconsulting.com. Submit all inquiries and applications to email@example.com or to https://driconsulting.charityfinders.com/submit%20resume. Please be sure that emails state where you learned of the opening.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://driconsulting.charityfinders.com/submit%20resume