University of Minnesota, College of Liberal Arts, Faculty Positions
University of Minnesota, College of Liberal Arts in Minnesota
|Date Posted||September 2, 2016|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
College of Liberal Arts
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The College of Liberal Arts at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is pleased to announce searches for tenure-track and tenured faculty positions to be conducted during the 2016/17 academic year.
Established in 1868, the College of Liberal Arts supports the University of Minnesota's land-grant mission as home to disciplines in the arts, humanities, and social sciences, comprising 31 academic departments and a dozen interdisciplinary research and academic support centers. The College of Liberal Arts is the largest college at the University of Minnesota, with more than 13,000 undergraduate students, nearly 1,700 graduate students, and more than 500 tenured and tenure-track faculty. The College of Liberal Arts values diverse cultures, experiences, and perspectives as key to innovation and excellent education. Please visit the College of Liberal Arts website for further information. http://cla.umn.edu
Positions are open in the departments and disciplinary areas identified below. Unless otherwise indicated, positions are full-time over the nine-month academic year and begin fall semester 2017 (08/28/2017). Further information about these positions, including links to complete position descriptions and application instructions, and links to respective academic departments and programs can be found on the employment page of the College of Liberal Arts web site.
- Art - tenure-track assistant professor position in photography
- Asian Languages and Literatures - advanced tenure-track assistant professor or tenured associate professor in Chinese literature/culture
- Economics - tenure-track assistant professor, areas of specialization are open
- German, Scandinavian and Dutch - tenure-track assistant professor position in Scandinavian/German studies and/or North European studies
- History - tenure-track assistant professor in environmental history
- Journalism & Mass Communication - tenure-track assistant professor in strategic communication/advertising
- Psychology - tenure-track assistant professor in clinical psychology
- Psychology - tenure-track assistant professor in counseling
- Religious Studies - tenure-track assistant professor position in study of Muslims in America
- Religious Studies - tenure-track assistant professor position in Qur’anic Studies
- Statistics - two tenure-track assistant professors, open field
- Theatre Arts and Dance - tenure-track assistant professor in scenic design
Questions about these positions and the application process should be referred to respective academic units and/or the College of Liberal Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612.624.9839.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.