Assistant or Associate Professor of Marketing
University of Puget Sound in Washington
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 19, 2016|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
Assistant or Associate Professor of Marketing
Business & Leadership
Faculty Posting Details
Appointment: Full-time, tenure-line position; begins Fall Term 2017.
- Teach undergraduate courses in marketing. The faculty hired in this position will have primary responsibility for teaching the introductory marketing course and at least two marketing electives per year. Ability to teach the introductory course from an international or global perspective is essential. Preferred areas for the elective courses include marketing communications, consumer behavior, market research, and marketing strategy.
- Case analysis and projects that stimulate independent critical thinking and promote effective written and oral communication skills and problem solving should be important components of these classes.
- Standard teaching assignment is three courses per semester.
- Other duties include continuation of professional development, advising students, and participation in departmental and university governance.
- Ph.D. (ABD considered) in marketing and a commitment to undergraduate teaching and liberal arts education.
- Will consider Ph.D. in appropriate liberal arts disciplines related to marketing.
- For those candidates whose doctoral degrees are in non-business disciplines, relevant work experience in the area of marketing and the possession of a Master in Business Administration degree are required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/">http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
About Puget Sound:
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation's most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit âAbout Puget Soundâ to learn more about the college.
Apply at: https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HRPRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=3&JobOpeningId=3108&PostingSeq=1
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than September 30, 2016 to ensure consideration.
Please submit curriculum vitae (CV) when prompted to submit resume. Additional documents can be attached within the application before submission. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Teaching statement
- Research statement
- Teaching Evaluations
- Three (3) letters of reference. Candidates will be asked to specify the email addresses of reference providers at the time of application.
- Unofficial transcripts
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/">http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright Â©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency