Assistant/Associate Professor of World Cultures
American University in Dubai in United Arab Emirates
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2016|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The School of Arts and Sciences at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of World Cultures to begin teaching in Fall 2016.
The successful candidate will have:
- D. in Classical Studies; or in History with an emphasis on the ancient Near East or ancient Mediterranean World
- Experience teaching survey courses focused on the cultures and civilizations of the ancient world, i.e. the ancient Near East and the ancient Mediterranean World
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Strong team ethic
- Experience teaching diverse student populations
The ideal candidate will also have academic qualifications to teach additional content areas.
Candidates must have earned a doctorate from a Western accredited institution at the time of appointment.
Candidates will have evidence of successful teaching experience or must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate level. Additionally, candidates are expected to meet standards for personal professional scholarship, and assist in student advising, curriculum development, and other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, UAE
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on ChronicleVitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in ChronicleVitae FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from ChronicleVitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using ChronicleVitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a ChronicleVitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.